Wich Mmats Amp To Modified.

Username: Datdudejoey

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone Im new here. Greetings to all.

Well my question is that I don't know wich of my Mmats amp to get modded. I have a Mmats D2100.2 1550 wrms @ 2ohms and a Mmats D2000.05 1500 wrms @ .5 ohms. I was told that I need to send in my amp to Mmats so they could have the job done. But I don't know wich amp to get Modified. Wich one would you guys suggest getting modded? Also would I notice a big diference in power when modified?

I have bein told that @ .5 ohms my subs will heat up faster and blow up. Is this true? I have 2 Dual FI SSD's Loaded(BP power and Flatwind. They could handle 1000 wrms each without a problem.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1784
This is for the Sub blowing question:

The .5 ohm load will deliver more power to your subs. So if your subs are 1krms and you are sending them, say, 2krms they will heat up and you have a chance of wrecking them from over powering them.

You also have a chance of wrecking a sub with less power than rated. Say you have a 1k rms sub and you have a 300rms amp. If the gains are set to high and you distort the signal it could blow your subs.

I'm not familiar with Mmats or modding them, but as long as you have proper charging and the right battery cappacity to give in to the demand of your amp(s) everything should be fine as long as you set your gains correctly.

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1785
*Also*

You can over power "most" subs without worries as long as you send them a good strong signal and watch the gains

:-)

Post Number: 3
Without my Mmats amp modded both subs would be getting 750 wrms of clean power each so I think I'm fine. But I want more. When I get my amp modded they should be getting 900 wrms a piece.

Are there any instruction on how to set gains? I have no idea how to do that.

I have a good electrical :D HO Alt, Big 3, Kinetic HC1800 front, and a powermaster d3100 in the trunk.

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1787
Yeah, your electical is fine!

You might not notice a huge difference from giving the subs 750 up to 900 as you usually have to double the rms before you will hear an audible diference.

I found this on gains:

http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?t=27819&highlight=gain+settings

I have not set my gains with a DMM as you can also just set it by ear. Turn your music up to the loudest you will isten to it and set the gain untill you hear distortion, or something that doesn't sound quite "right" Then turn the gain back a tad a viola.

...works for me

Post Number: 4
Thank you. :D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us