PIONEER PREMIER TS-W3001D2

Bronze Member
Username: 71_chevelle

Post Number: 62
I was wondering what type of box would make a pair of 12" PIONEER PREMIER TS-W3001D2 sound the best? with the loudest bass.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8290
Ported. And it needs to be built to the specs of the sub. A prefab box is a good way to make any sub sound like crap. These guys build good boxes:

www.woodlawncabinetry.com
www.fishercustoms.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Ok thank you M.S.
and thank you for the references!! i'll definitely check them out!! =]
and would you put the port hole on the same side the sub is mounted or could you put it on top?

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1112
what kind of vehicle do you drive?

if its a suv, sub up port back seems to do the trick. its all about preference tho really to which YOU think will sound best

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2281
I'm lazy, what is the Fs on that sub?

Kevin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
I drive a 1971 chevelle and i was told to put them up to port the sound through the rear deck but i wasnt sure if that was a good idea if the subs are facing you when you look in the back of the trunk.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
Do you want to know the frequency Response? because that is 18 Hz to 700 Hz
but i'm not sure what you mean by the Fs if thats not what you're looking for kevin...sorry

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1120
if you look in the owners manual it should give you some Ts Parameters. the Fs is shown there

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2288
Hmmm... What kind of amp are you running to them? That will determine what size box and port tuning it will handle. If you stick to 1000 rms a piece, I would say 30hz would be fine for the low lows :-)

Kevin

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1129
i think 30-32Hz is the way to go. you can probably look on the pioneer website and see what the optimal enclusure would be.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
Is a ported hole just a hole cut out of the front of the box or is it a tube that goes into the box that cant be seen from the out side?? if it is a tube how long does it need to be if my diameter of the hole is 3 inches?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
I think i will be using the Kicker ZX2500.1 mono amp since i cant seem to find another amp that will push 2000 watts RMS at 2 ohms.
I will be sticking to about 1000 RMS a piece and the Box Specks Pioneer says is anywhere between .5 to 1 cubic foot for each sub and it says a 3 inch port hole is recommended but i was just wondering if i should go to the max box size or min box size or somewhere in between like .8 cubic feet??

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1147
if you are planning on buying a zx2500.1, make sure you have the electrical upgrades needd to supply that amp.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14127
havent used these but i know they r 1000wrms each & i found with experience generally 12s rated with that amt of power should be good in 2.5-2.75cuft ported

pioneer rec specs actually sux azz ...if u want to not chance anything use their max rec specs ....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
Ok and what do you suggest the proper electrical upgrades are??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
Ah i see well i dont really have too much space to do that and still have a useable trunk for the spare hahaha so i'm goin with the max specs for the ported box by pioneer. you would think they'd give specs that go with their subs? lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14132
high output alternator & drycell batt is a must ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
and i would like to correct myself on the specs of the ported box they are .8 cubic ft min, pioneer recomends 1.2 cubic ft, and max is 1.6 cubic feet per sub sorry for the miss information...i was looking at the closed box specs lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
ok i have a 140 HO alt a 16v kinetik batt and a 800 kinetik batt. i dont know how to wire up the 16v to have the alt power it up to 16 volts and not just 12 lol and i think i need or should get a 200 HO alt along with those batts what do you think??

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14133
if ur short on space what u can do is build a single chamber box with a sub on each end & 2 4" aeroports in the middle ...subs\ports on same side ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14134
not sure on that 12v & 16v hook up - somebody on here with that experience should be able to tell u .......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
ok i will ask someone about the wiring on the 12v and 16v issue.

thank you for your help!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
ok so my dimensions are
40.25" wide
12" high
15" deep
and I put those dimensions into the sub box calculator at this web site and it came out that my cubic feet was about 3.2 which is max ported cubic feet for two subs at 1.6 cubic feet per sub.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#rec

and then I calculated the length of the port tube, if the recommendation was 3" in diameter, then the length came out to be roughly 9" long.

Is that all I need to know to build the ported box??
Do I need a divider(wall) in the middle of the box to separate the box into two chambers so it is 1.6 cubic feet for each individual sub? Or does that not matter?
And what is the port tube usually made out of? And should the port tube be taken into effect of taking away from the cubic feet in the box?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us