Should I?

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2447
well my parents are being really cool and making me buy my car now without using any of the insurance money. so i found a 91 CRX si with very clean interior, no rust, b16 swap with 25k miles, and other upgrades. He wants 4300 for it. should i get it?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2552
Sarcasm...lol.

It would be a nice ride for car audio... I don't know anything about the motor swap, though.

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

Laziness and ignorance...

Post Number: 1279
i understand that the b16 is a popular engine(from what Rob an berny have said)
but i couldn't spend 4300 on a 17 year old car period.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2150
I could. lol

Rexs FTW

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3115
highly doubt he actually has only 25k on that swap, esp if it's rebuilt (course, I think you can only get them rebuilt, not sure though. if it were brand new, he wouldn't be selling so cheap)

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1231
much better out there for that money. much better

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8272
You can get a good car half as old as that for that price

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3779
yeah, i don't know how much that engine is worth or even rex prices but for a 91 that doesn't seem like a very good deal. i would only buy a crx if it was to be used as a spl vehicle. but, thats only my opinion.

tck

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10208
Lol at "my parents are being really cool"

I vote no on that car. As sweet as it would be, I couldn't spend that much on a car almost as old as me.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2449
aight ill keep looking

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10209
Yeah that price seems high.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2450
how are integras? can they get loud? nice cars?

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3121
kinda small

b16=integra engine

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10211
Yes integra hatchbacks can get loud.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2451
well ive found 2 but not really sure about them.
http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/802125932.html or
http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/795627205.html

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2452
or http://www.mautofied.com/1994-Acura-integra_Import/listing/100112744/

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10212
I will say this the crx has a greater potential to get loud than the integra.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2453
or this
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=249625479&dealer_id=63123239&c ar_year=1995&num_records=25&systime=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&ke ywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=4 &fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=100&marketZipError=false&search_lang =en&showZipError=n&make=&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Ais psearchform&min_price=0&body_style=HATCH&drive=&max_mileage=&style_flag=2&sort_t ype=priceDESC&address=53954&advanced=y&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=Manual& max_price=5000&cardist=78

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2454
and i know the crx can get loud but its for a daily driver too so i can get to college

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3124
2500 for that integra sounds good, all the others are ridiculously overpriced. if you are looking for a commuter, 4300 for a crx is out of the question, and way over priced.

Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 4
DONT BUY A CRX, gutless and when my buddy had his it rattled to sh!t and his came with rims,better motor,upgrades etc for 2500 i think cdn, buy a 240sx,rx7,civic hb, thos cars shouldnt be more then 3000$ or so, and are all hatchbacks so are louder with system and well the nissan and mazda with eat the others but much better cars :D crx's r sorta ugo to :S.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22153
i like the 240sx or the rx7 idea. good call bruce.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2455
well that last link is for a civic hb and there is also a 2000 civic dx hatch for 4500 with 112k miles. but the thing about the last link i hate the yellow paint

Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 5
well i got a 89 240sx and i like it red and black with matching seats and stuff i wanna buy black with chrome lip rims i got almost nothing done to it other then exaust and what not and only 2 cars have beat me, guy in a white 240sx and a old lady in a new bmw who didnt like my music that thing went good :P

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22154
i know this guy that has flat black 240sx with some chrome lip rims and it looks sick.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4202
I can get you 94 civic hatch si for $400. Has no motor and needs some work. But you can make the car your way and it'll end up costing around $2500 in the end with new paint depending on what you do etc.

If the car is for gas and reliability, get a honda.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2456
alright is honda more reliable then acura and how much would it roughtly cost to get it painted?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2554
Acura is made by Honda. Basically a high end Honda.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2457
well i found a certified 2000 honda dx hatchback really close for about 4500 has like 110k on it and looks good. im thinkin about getting that but idk what to do about a system cause those cars only have like a 75 amp alt

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8282
umm HO alternator? Duh

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3127
can't go wrong with rotary engines either.

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1701
CRX is great on gas, plenty of cargo room, don't have to haul all your friends around cause its only a 2 seater, ect.

If it is really clean and the engine really has only 25k on it, I would say its a good deal.

Crx's are great daily drivers that have tons aftermarket parts available.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10214
Even with my brothers motor upgrade and transmission upgrade in his 91 crx I think he still gets like 20 mpg but at 70 mph I think I saw him rev 4000 rpm but his car wasnt set up for daily driving by the sounds of it.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2458
here is the crx that for sale so u can see the shape of the car.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=249772919&dealer_id=63133995&c ar_year=1991&model=&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&star t_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certifie d=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=100&marketZipError=fal se&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=HONDA&keywords_display=&color=&page_locati on=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=0&drive=&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort _type=priceDESC&address=53954&advanced=y&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=Manua l&max_price=5000&cardist=58

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3129
everything looks clean, but due to the gaybage paint job and the fact that it's almost as old as I am, it's not worth 4k, I would offer 3k TOPS!!! prob not even that much. but if the engine is kept in good condition AND he got the tranny to match it, then 3k would almost be fair

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2459
alright but that civic hatch i found last night is not there anymore. so idk what im gunna do. the tegs are prolly gunna be my best bet

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2460
but here is another civic but i hate the color so how much would it roughly be to paint?
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=249625479&dealer_id=63123239&c ar_year=1995&num_records=25&systime=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&ke ywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=4 &fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=75&marketZipError=false&search_lang= en&showZipError=n&make=&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aisp searchform&min_price=0&body_style=HATCH&drive=&max_mileage=&style_flag=2&sort_ty pe=priceDESC&address=53954&advanced=y&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=Manual&m ax_price=5000&cardist=78

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8285
" can't go wrong with rotary engines either. "

I really hope that is sarcasm

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8286
Upload

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2462
well i narrowed it down to three here are the choices
1. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=249625479&dealer_id=63123239&c ar_year=1995&model=&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&star t_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certifie d=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=75&marketZipError=fals e&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=HONDA&keywords_display=&color=&page_locatio n=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=0&drive=&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_ type=priceDESC&address=53954&advanced=y&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=Manual &max_price=5000&cardist=78
2. http://madison.craigslist.org/car/769507153.html
3. http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/795627205.html

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3131
Those are all great choices, although the last one is a bit over priced IMO.

but that civic hatch is teh sechs

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2466
ya thats what im going with and hopefully gunna paint it black or white or some other color not sure yet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us