AVIC-D1 Whineee!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2958
Alright so my brother blew the whatever it was in his Pio, so now it's whining like crazy. I did it too like 2 years ago on my old pio and had to to send it back to pio for warranty. his isn't under warranty and the closest service center wants like 175 to fix it. it's the avic-d1 so he's for sure getting it fixed. anyone know of anyone reliable who could fix it for cheaper or should he just pull the trigger.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8267
Your hands and a scrap piece of bare wire can fix it for free haha

Upload

Man if only I had a nickel for every pos pioneer hu I've seen with that problem

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2550
"Man if only I had a nickel for every pos pioneer hu I've seen with that problem"

stfu

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22147
"Man if only I had a nickel for every pos pioneer hu I've seen with that problem"

how much would you have? also pos pioneer? rofl. the avic D1 is hardly a pos.

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 283
If only i had a nickle for every time Meat Sucker sucked alpines c0ck.

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1697
Even though MS is a complete tool he's right, Pioneer's RCA outputs SUCK!!!

Here's a pic I made a few years ago thats similar to that one up there.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1781
I have to do this with my premier 770-mp as I notice on the lower volumes I can hear my front speakers whine with my RPM's.

Still love the HU though!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8597
Haha, out of all the times M.S. gets bashed and made fun of this is one of those times where I wouldn't join in on the fun. Pioneer really needs to step up their game when it comes to their RCA outputs especially when you consider the amount of money people are spending on these high end head units only to pull them out just to ground the RCAs. That's not cool at all. I'd personally go with an Alpine or a JVC HU if I were to buy a new one more than likely if the Pioneer didn't surpass the other offerings substantially. I'd ground the RCAs though before installing any Pioneer HU before letting it become a nuisance.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2959
unfortunately, they really do make great units IMO other than this well....major reoccuring problem. again IMO, very user friendly and good looking, as well as decently priced.

wait so, if someone could really give me a full step by step walk through on how to fix it, that'd be awesome.

so just use a little selftapping screw to ground the white rca to the cage of the HU?? obviously be extremely careful.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2960
or i bet i can just use an existing screw?

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2961
heres the problem. the whining is coming out of the stock monsoon system. the only rca outputs being used are for the sub amp he just put in. will grounding the rca's for the subwoofer effect anything?

Gold Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1698
Nope, this isnt the problem then.
Maybe the harness to the monsoon system has a problem. I doubt grounding the rca's in this instance will make any difference.

sounds like you've got a signal problem somewhere though.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2962
where would you start, other than checking the harness? bc at this point im clueless

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 2562
i've only had Pio HU's and haven't had any problems to date...

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4483
Swap out the current rca cables themselves. They could have a bad ground, and when that happens the shielding is severely minimized. They could also be thin gauge wire with cheap shielding and/or they are sitting near something they shouldn't be. Installers generally use cheaper no-name rca cables so I bet that's where your problem is. 75% shield long run rca's are certain doom.

Gold Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1699
Brad, thats not the problem.
The only RCA's in his system are running to the subs.
The noise is coming from the high's, which are ran by a factory amplifier that has been integrated to the Pioneer's output.

I think there may be a problem somewhere between the factory Monsoon amp and the Pioneer's output's.

Without being there i can't really give you much help buddy.

Why not support your local audio shop n give them a few bucks to track down the problem...bout the only suggestion worth listenin to I can give ya, sorry bud :/

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 3 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6645
I agree w/ Zac.

But a few questions:
what vehicle?
what harness did you use?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4197
thow a ground loop on the rcas and see if it helps. try it at the beginning and the end of the rcas. also reground the HU and amp. even try swapping the rcas as Brad said. You have a bad ground somewhere, or the HU is messed up.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8270
Hahaha all the people who hate on me are probably pioneer HU owners who don't want to admit that their beloved pioneers RCAs do, in fact, suck big donkey d!ck.

For a company as big as pionner that sells so many HUs, having a failure rate as high as they do is simply not acceptable at all.

Gold Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1700
Marc, the RCA's are fine. There arent any RCA's running his highs.

However your advice to reground the HU is not a bad idea.

I think the best advice is for him to take it to his local audio shop to have them determine the problem hands on.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8015
pioneer do that for them and for you...

whats better to burn your rca inputs on your precious amplifiers and equilizers/crossovers?? or your head unit???

if you chose your headunit the only thing that will blow is the minifuse thats it... you can do that method to repair it and will save u some money...

and for pioneer because u send the cd player for repair u pay them and they get alil extra cash.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us