Ipod on my hu

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 696
so i ordered something like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/6-FOOT-RCA-AUX-INPUT-TO-3-5-MM-AUX-CABLE-4-IPOD-MP3-CAR_W0QQ itemZ350087316106QQihZ022QQcategoryZ60208QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

so my gf can play her ipod through her speakers in her car... but then i got to thinking. wont that just make what she played on her cd player play on ur ipod or something?

does all HU have an input RCA???

i thought all of them were outputs

what i am asking is will this work.
idk the kind of hu she has. its a poineer something... has a 3 and its like 4 or 5 numbers long.

Bronze Member
Username: Snacks

Quincy, Florida USA

Post Number: 100
im not sure but i dont think thats what you need.

i have a pioneer deh somethin and it has the AUX in the front of the HU and i use a double male 3.5 mm cable. basically the end without the colors, double. i plug one end into the headphone jack and the other to the HU.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2145
That cord will work ONLY if she has RCA AUX inputs on the back of the units. Some units have this, some don't. If hers doesn't, check the front of the unit for a AUX in.

If she has that front AUX in, get the appropriate size male end that will fit the female jack on the unit.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8262
That cord is correct for most HUs. Few have that front input, most have RCA that have and input at all.

Of course most low end HUs just don't have inputs, then you're SOL.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22145
you could of just went to radio shack and picked one up for a few bux.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us