Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2446
how long do the older civics usually last like how many miles

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8594
It all depends on how well the car is taken care of. Just like any car if it's taken care of it can last a loooong time. Just imagine if someone is hot-rodding a car for like 30k miles and revving the engine all out. Then imagine someone is driving the car like a grandma and not beating on it, it will more than likely last a long longer even with 5x the mileage.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2766
^x2

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 515
my neighbor has one with 300,000 plus on it. still runs good but needs exhaust

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5393
cars that are completely babied last about as long as those that are abused

reason being is the carbon build up gets worse.. ask some shops and see what they tell you

when i mean baby i mean not letting the car rev very high ect

gotta remember a used car is a used car.. expect something to fail sooner or later

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8273
BS. A car that is taken care of, given mobil 1 oil every 3k, regular trans fluid flushes, etc will last much longer than one the isn't.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5394
you didn't read my post well enough lol.. btw mobile 1? lmfao .. try amsoil ftw ;)

you should just stick to audio :-)

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22149
question for you kev. i've been using mobile 1 from day 1. i've been wanting to try amsoil. do i just drain the oil and change it to amsoil or is there some type of flushing i need to do?

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5395
just let it drain longer than normal.. after a few oil changes youll be strickly on amsoil

you won't have any issues tho, besides the extra cost of amsoil :-)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22151
dude autozone don't have amsoil. where can i buy some?

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5396
funny how i see lots of babied cars from the elderly in shops due to failure mostly from carbon buildup

... and yet the riced out hondas beat on so badly.. running on 3 cylinders but still running :-)

also depends on the car haha :-)

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5397
chad check local performance shops.. i get mine from peeps off nasioc.com .. but thats for subies

..or order cases online

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2261
Kevin is right, as long as you keep your tune ups up to par, the car will last. It also depends on how the car was driving to begin with and exactly how old the car is. I would trust a car that was ran hard any day. Carbon build up will cause alot of problems in the later years. You need to clean your system out by reving her hard a few times. With carbon build up you have the chance of burning a valve pretty quickly.

As for the car itself, if it is an OBD2 (95+) car, you need to TRY to find the owner and ask his driving style. The PCM has an adaptive learning feature, which means it adapts to your driving over time and pretty much will set its way. Now, if you have someone who has NEVER redlined a car and put 40K on it and you buy it. If you drive like I do, within a year you WILL have problems. May be minor and may be major, but I gurantee a problem. When I tuned cars, we ALWAYS turned the adaptive learning off as well as the rear O2 sensors. I perfer one set of sensors on the exhaust. The O2 is a key element to your cars A/F. I would rather have 1 set of O2's transfer data rather than 2.

Anywho, that should help a little bit I guess. But if it is an old school before 1995, just give it a nice tune up, change exhaust INCLUDING cat, O2's, oil, and air filter. After that you should be fine.

As for oil, I used Royal Purple in my baby :-) When you change oil brands or weights, I always recommend letting the oil drain longer, and run a quart through of the new to make sure :-) I am a car nut, can't help it.

Kevin

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5398
Yay, someone to back me up :P

I've tried Royal Purple but it is too thin.. too much blow-by on a boosted car. At least on mine. Great for n/a tho :-)

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8602
Lol. People are so retarded these days.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2265
Yea, I ran n/a on my baby. Stock she ran 12.96 @ 105 and got 30+ mpg on the highway :-) I know a little about cars hehe.

I tell you what though, I can't change my oil due to my back, but I be d@mn if I let wal-mart touch my car again. If you touch cars, you KNOW that EVERY gas vehicle Ford has takes 5w-20. Well, my little focus started running a little crappy, weird idle, and when I turn my a/c on at idle it surges for a few seconds until it levels out. WELLLLL, noticed these @ss bags used 10w-30 in my car. Not a huge issue in a V-8, but when the 4 banger is built around a thinner oil, it needs a thinner oil. Soooooo, now I get to battle the giant Wal-Mart. Bunch of idiots man. I don't let anyone but a Valvoline shop here touch my SUV, but looks like they get the focus too from now on. Waiting on an engine flush and re-polished heads, or a new engine. Wonder what wal-mart will do.

Rob, WTF is up with the fatchicks.com hahahahahahahaha.

Kevin

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22156
i go to a local jiffy lube. as soon as i get there i tell them straight out not to check anything else. i tell them just oil change with mobil 1 5-20. i don't even let them check my tire pressure. lol. i would change the oil myself but i am too lazy.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 417
it depends, if you like sony xplode or not
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us