Subs that would match the cvx 12 but not as expensive

Silver Member
Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 933
can some one recommend me a sub that equal to the cvx12 that is cheaper?? i dont want to pay 150 a sub. if anyone has a pair of cvx's and wants to let them go i would be interested too.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1030
what amp are you planning on running? what type of box are you planning on running? what kind of sound are u looking for? SQL I assume..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1031
also $150 per sub is not expensive... The CVX is a solid quality budget sub that can handle decent power.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 934
well i have a kx2500.1 but i was going to run it at 4 ohms with 1500wrm. 750 to each sub. i used to have a biger stereo but i could keep up with the power demand and didnt want to upgrade. so i figure if i just use my amp i have then i dont have to start from scratch. i dont have alot of money to spend right now either. i dont feel like building a ported box but i will probly end up doing it anyways. and you are right i want sql.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1035
http://cgi.ebay.com/PAIR-ALPINE-12-CAR-AUDIO-SUBWOOFER-3000-WATTS-TYPE-R_W0QQite mZ280255256756QQihZ018QQcategoryZ18805QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

run them at a 4 ohm load on that amp.. They also crave a ported box..

also check out audioque.com.. look at the sdc2.5's they would also need to be run at a 4 ohm load. Hope this helps

Bronze Member
Username: Snacks

Quincy, Florida USA

Post Number: 94
are those type Rs any good? i never figured they were for some reason

Gold Member

Post Number: 1045
they are a solid budget sql sub... One of the best "bangs" for your buck... they can handle a lil more than rated power daily, while maintaining decent sq.. And as for the price.... well makes for a good deal.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1547
150 dollars is not expensive at all for a sub compared to other sub ppl buy is 300-600 dollars lol. and the CVX for that price is your best bet and best bang for your bucks too.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8572
Look into AQ SD2.5s. Are you willing to buy used? If so you can get something pretty decent for that amount of money.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 935
yeah i know 150 isnt that expensive but it is for me right now lol. i am willing to buy used if i get lots of pictures and the price is good.

Silver Member
Username: Evildoughboy08

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 138
wait the CVX's are only 150 a sub!!!!

you all SUCK!

i thought they were as expensive as the L7s!

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Nobody fuccks, With the jesus

Post Number: 978
hey phillip - i have a treo ssx 15.11 i will sell you

i live in MI and I will be in the Holt area this weekend.

im going down to MSU for welcome weekend.

$250 and i will drop it off

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4140
x2 on Robs....er...fatchick. The Audioque 2.5's fit your needs perfect.

I used to own a pair of cvx's and switched to a pair of 2.5's. Both in the same enclosure, 4.3cuft tuned to 32hz. The enclosure was made specifically for the cvx's.

When I switched out the cvx's for the 2.5's I got an increase in output to my ear and they sounded cleaner too. By cleaner I mean they were more accurate and played smoother through all the different beats.

Also the 2.5's were on about 800rms and the cvx's on about 1600rms...and still the 2.5's were louder.

I have since owned a pair of Fi Q's and found myself back to a pair of 2.5's.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22158
get a hold of kevin holden and ask him how much he can do for a sonance 12. its a killer sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 11
i personally havent seen them in action other then youtube and what not but buy a set of mtx 8500's i have a pair and on a memphis 1000.1prd or w/e im hitting around 145+ in a 3-4 cube boxi need to get it meterd they r 500rms 1000peak and 92.2 sens so :D

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Nobody fuccks, With the jesus

Post Number: 981
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us