Re audio Re Series suggestions

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 195
i've got a friend with two JL W1 12's in a sealed box behind his seats in a 05 silverado crew cab powered by a jl 250.1. the subs having being going on and off and are supposedly going out. i was looking around at RE and was wondering if the RE 12's would be a good replacement? they are shallow enough to fit right in and the power handling sounds good. but would they sound very much better?

any other sub suggestions would be good

thanks

Silver Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 197
am i asking too much? =/ haha well i guess i'll just tell him to go ahead and do it.

put it simple. replace two JL 12" W1's with two RE series 12's

Bronze Member
Username: Cd5honda96

OR United States

Post Number: 92
Dont you think he would need more power to get those (RE)subs happy?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10190
I ran my single re re 12 on 150 rms in a sealed box a tad over 1 cubic foot net and it seemed fine so I wouldnt expect 25 watts less each sub to change it much. So yeah go for it. Just make sure you wire the subs to the right ohm load since the jl amp is set up for 1.5 - 4 ohm loads to produce its rated power. The sub has decent sq for me in that box but doesnt get very loud. I would like to try it in a low tuned ported box sometime because it seems to model up well on a box building program using it that way but in your situation it doesnt sound like you would have the room.

Silver Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 201
yeah its a tight fit. and i'm pretty sure that jl amp puts a bit more than 250 watts out. well i'm gonna tell him to go for it and see how they sound lol

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2151

quote:

the subs having being going on and off and are supposedly going out.

That doesn't sound weird to you, Sean? lol

It could be an amp problem.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10221
Yeah haha. I was a little out of it since I had my surgery on my throat on the 13th they gave me oxycodone for the pain. Sounds like a bad ground issue make sure the ground is tight and has a clean connection. Make all adjustments with the stereo off and then after securing the ground and such try the system again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us