Component speakers

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 777
i'm lookin for a pair of 6.5 component speakers around 70 bucks... this will be goin into a 01 grand cherokee. and i don't have an amp yet for them. i like really bright tweeters.. and i'm not sure what the difference is between mid range and mid bass.. if any one can explain that would be great.. i've been recomended the phoenix gold ryval series but i though i'd double check... thanks for all the help

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1004
good luck with that budget... I have a 1999 JGC and use infinity Reference series 6X9's (coaxles)in the front doors. I also use 4-pioneer 22mm silk dome tweets. 2 in factory dash spots and 2 on upper A- Pillar. sounds great.. easly keeps up with my solo-x's. I also use infinity (coaxles) 6.5 in rear doors for realfill.

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 778
i can maybe boost up my budget a bit if i have to... for what i am looking for do u think i will be satifided with 6x9s??. that would be alot easier.. but i hear all the time that they sound like sh!t but never heard it for myself to judge.. well i have but didn't pay atenttion

Gold Member

Post Number: 1009
I have NEVER had a complaint about the SQ of my mids/highs... ,EVER! (Except it being too loud)But..... (there's always a but) all that being said... My frontstage costs are higher than your budget... i could have saved a lil $$ had I bought from ebay... I bought locally... $119 for the 6x9's.. $100 for 2 sets of tweets. $79 for the 6.5's. All being pushed by an Alpine MFP550.4.. All BNIB. IIRC I only payed $200 for the Alpine.. Was clearence sale at a local shop. I would almost guarantee that a similar setup would easly keep up with whatever sub/amp setup you throw at it.... while still maintaining good SQ.

Side note: I have it all run through a KQ9 EQ...

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 779
that sounds cool man.. i think i mite just go with 6x9s.. if i'm disappointed then i can always sell em off.. thanks man ur alot of help

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 780
are u using the 2 way or 3 way

Gold Member

Post Number: 1013
2 way.. if you can splurge.. get the infinity kappa's... but the reference series should do you just fine. JGC have great acoustics and near perfect factory speaker placement imo. Way better than my Pontiac Montana.. I just sold a 4 pack of the 6x9's... coulda cut you a major deal... sorry

"thanks man ur alot of help"
shhhhhhhhhh... Don't let my wife hear you say that... I will be in for some honey-do's lol

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 781
lol sry man. ya i agree with the placment.. i'm really happy with it.. mine didn't come with the factory infinity but i really like the way it sounds for being stock.. i just need more tho

Gold Member

Post Number: 1027
mine didn't come with the factory infinity either.. I wish there was some way of you hearing my setp... vids wouldn't do it any justice..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1028
also the kicker kq9 really sets it off. IMO a decent eq will be needed... well worth the extra c-note!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8589
I think Mach Audio has some good mid bass drivers for very cheap, you might want to look into them.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6447
go to diyma and check out the thread on the pioneer components in the hot deal section. about the 2nd to the last page there's a link to where buy.com has them for around $100 shipped, and someone posted a link for a 5% off code, and if you apply for their cc it's an extra $30 off. so you'll end up paying around $70 for the set which is a steal.

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 782
dang that a good deal... thanks man... Mark Brockman. what spl set up do u ran and whats ur score..i've done a 147.1 @ 43 hz with 2 asa1000s and 2 12" powerbass 2xls with mic on floor and driver window down.. i've also done a 142.6 with 1 asa1000 and 1 12" 2xl db drag style.. by tuesday i will hopfully have my xa1500 to reach that 143 in street a

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3775
wrong section buddy

the cisco kid
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us