Does This memphis mono class D amp have enough power for two 10" RE Audio subs???

Username: Planb9117

Costa Mesa, Ca United States

Post Number: 1
i have two 10" Re Audio subs. I payed about 250 for em, and i have a memphis 16-PRD500.1 mono D amp that i payed a little over $200 for. Do you think this would make a good little sound system? and does the amp have enough power to run them both.

the subs:

600W/1200W (RMS/Peak) (pair)
Dual 4 Ohms

the amp:

Class-D Monoblock Amplifier
RMS Power Ratings:
Built in Cooling fan
Built in crossover
RMS Power (1 ohm) 500 watts x 1 chan.
RMS Power (2 ohms) 300 watts x 1 chan.
RMS Power (4 ohms) 150 watts x 1 chan.
Peak Power Output 1000 watts

I just want to know if this setup will work for the subwoofers. Thanks.

Username: Bassheadstu

Canton, Ga Usa

Post Number: 2
yes i have the same amp and it is powerfull enuff for thous subs but u wont get all the bass that the subs can prodoos u les u get a stronger amp

Bronze Member
Username: Cd5honda96

OR United States

Post Number: 56
Yes Noah that amp will work but your really under powering those subs, they deserve better. Are you going to run them sealed? And are they new or a older year?

Post Number: 2
The subs are newer, and the amp is new, but about a year old. I am running them in this enclosure, you can check this link out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D200244564620&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=010

If I have to can I use another amp? or do you think i should just get another amp entirely???
Is the enclosure ok, or get a diffrenent enclosure???
What percentage of the subs power am I getting out of them with this amp???
MAybe 60-70%???

Thanks Again.

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 59
When you say newer do you mean 07/08 or are they older? The sub box is not the best at all, you should make your own or have one made to spec. That box is not giving them what they need to sound their best. I have never used these subs myself, but they are my next upgrade
(SE 12 or 15)from what I have now, and a lot of ppl on this forum like them. From what I have learned from other ppl on here these particular subs sound best sealed. And for your amp IMO I would get something else, the re se are 600 rems each and your amp is 500.1 at optimum so when every thing is perfect they would get 250 rems each off that amp,so they are probably getting(guessing)about 200-220. so your not even seeing there full potential. Also what kinda car is this in?

Post Number: 3
they are both new in the box, but about a year old. They are not the newest model. How much % of their capability am i geting out of the subs with this amp??
Atleast 60%????

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 961
do the math. 600+600=1200. your amp is 500. so less than half.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 965
what vehicle are they going in? That is not a bad lil amp... i would reconsider that prefab that u are considering... Enclosure and install are more important than the amp that you use.

Post Number: 4
a mitsubishi eclipse. So what are you guys suggestiong??? sell it all, or just get a better amp??
I just want a good sounding system.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5456
sell your amp and buy an audioque 1200d

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 63
My post didn't show up for some reason>?
IMO if it were my choice I would get ride of that box and make my own, are you wanting spl or sq?? And a AQ 1200D or something similar would be a great amp, get a couple more opinions on amps just so you have some choices then drop Keven a pm or an email and see if he cant get you a deal on something.
If you don't mind my asking how much did you get your subs for$$??

Post Number: 5
i payed $200.00 for the two subs. Was that a bad deal??
so i deffinetely need to get rid of that memphis amp???
Thanks

Post Number: 6
since i already have the amp, im just going to connect it. Do i want to wire the subs to 1 ohm??
or can this amp not handle it??

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 68
I think you got a good deal on the subs if you decide to sell them any time soon let me know, whats the VC configuration on the subs? are you still going to use that box?IMO you really should just make your own it's not hard at all to make a sealed box and and nearly anyone on this forum could give you instruction on how to do it. Or you could email
fisher-customs or woodlawn to see what they would charge you for one.

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 69
I think you got a good deal on the subs if you decide to sell them any time soon let me know, whats the VC configuration on the subs? are you still going to use that box?IMO you really should just make your own it's not hard at all to make a sealed box and and nearly anyone on this forum could give you instruction on how to do it. Or you could email
fisher-customs or woodlawn to see what they would charge you for one.

Post Number: 7
you can buy them on ebay for the same price as i did. Do you want the link to buy them???
And is it ok, to use the same amp???

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 70
Are you talking about the box on eBay? The box should be made of 3/4 mdf , I think the one you linked was 1/2 or 5/8.
Go ahead and hook it up if you want to, I'm not sure that you will like the sound just set your gain properly and don't mess with your bass boost and you should be fine.

Post Number: 8
No, I ment the subs, I bought them on ebay as we3ll, for 199.00 with shipping. What should I set the gain to???

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 74
To set your gain you need a DMM(digital multimeter) you can go here.
http://www.caraudio911.com/tutorials/GainSet/voltage.htm

But what you need to do is post a thread titled
(Keith/how to set amp gain) in the amplifier or in the stereo /headunit forum and ask him how to set it because strait up I'm retarded at math and power current levels. some one else set mine. Good luck with that, yeah if you could put a link up I would like to check that out.

Post Number: 9
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 999
that mpr500.1 is 1 ohm stable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts