DB drag and IASCA same day: Results

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1756
There were two events 1 block from each other on the same day last Sunday so it was pretty hectic, but fun!

The one event was a x3 db drag event for Paradise tint and security while the other was an unsanctioned IASCA event for Andreas.

[b]My set up in a 94 Saturn SC2:[/b]
Starting battery
Stock alt
2x12" RD Alphas v.2
Rd 5750.1
Peak @ 51hz but my highest score was a 47hz test tone

I am getting my 2nd HO alt put in today @ 3pm so we'll see if that changes anything at the IASCA event on the 24th and I am going to see if I can mod my battery tray so I can put in a group 34 RV deep cycle.....

[b]DB DRAG:[/b]

http://www.termpro.com/asp/members2.asp?Who=13&MemberID=10329&Page=2

Car off, sealed, mic on front window

Street B I did a 145.9 and got 3rd place.

1st place was a 149.8 and I never got to see the set up as I was two busy juggling the two events. All I know is this guys first run was 120db as "apparently" he blew a sub...sandbagger

Team Rip Rock hit a 177.3 with a single woofer in their crazy vehicle

Other than that there wasn't anything too crazy that I can remember.

[b]IASCA[/b]

Car running, sealed, mic in same place as DB drag

In Stock 1 I got 3rd place again, hitting a 146.9db! so I have extremely high hopes to breaking 147db at the next IASCA event on the 24th

1st place in my grouping was a 149 I believe.

This event had nothing to crazy at all as all the huge set ups were at the triple point event.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 952
"This event had nothing to crazy at all as all the huge set ups were at the triple point event"

Nothing crazy!?!
177.3 with one sub... kinda crazy to me,lol

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10172
Congrats Mike I know its not easy scoring big in trunk cars. Did you mean your resonant frequency is 51 but you hit highest at 47? If so what made the change?

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1757
@Mark

That sentence falls under the IASCA topic rather than the DB Drag one...lol

@Sean

Thanks!

My "peak" was at 51hz but playing a 47hz test tone yield a higher score. I am not sure what my box is tuned at and I have been thinking of measure it and posting the specs up to see as I was told 47hz but the ports are not large by any means.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10178
So your saying the meter read different at the show than the one you used?

Silver Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

BC Canada

Post Number: 286
that saturn is ugly as sin lol jk. but really that guy actually did blow his sub, he wasnt sandbaggin. wat did he hit the second time 150 somthing if i remember correctly. the event on the 24, is that in the same place or kelowna?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14103
decent scores there mike

this exact same thing is happening in my country on aug 31st : both iasca & db drag ppl holding shows same day !

but whats happening here is competition & some spite too since iasca had their date booked since early this yr & db drag just changed franchise owner so they want to mess with iasca ....im a member of iasca & still going to BOTH shows even though the iasca show is about 25miles away & db is 2 mins away ...

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1760
@Sean

My 1st run was a sweep and 51hz was my peak, so I burped all over 47-53hz and 47 was my loudest. Going to try 45hz next time.

@Makaveli

Lol, I haven't done anything to it besides the stereo, she came that way!

Ahh, blowing a sub would suck but yeah I think he did like a 153 or something like that....Do I know you at all?.....

The 24th is in Kelowna at the mall (around back) and I now have a 160a alt installed....

@Rovin

Nice!

Yeah a couple of people almost got into a fight as one guy was mouthing off or something about the Db event, crazy people!

Silver Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 287
i dont think you know me, but i was at the comp with a group of friends, i was running the black camaro z28.

Silver Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 290
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcNiEwMuIX0

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1761
Ahhh, ok I remember seeing your car at the comp but nothing else really....lol

You plan on hitting up the Kelowna event? I am going to see if I can mod my battery tray so I can stuff a group 34 RV deep cycle in, or add it under the hood somewhere.....

Silver Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 291
yes i plan to.! i plan on running a yellowtop deepcycle aswell. my stock alternator is 140amp so im good to go. im shooting for 145db fingers crossed.

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1762
Nice, thats a huge stock alt I think my stock was 80 or 90 amps.....

I'm hoping for a full db gain becuase of the new alt so I am aiming/hoping for 147.9+

What kind of system do you run?

Silver Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 292
147.9 eh that would be nice. i run a jbl monoblock 1200rms to 2 L7 kicker 12" in a sealed box, yes i know sealed isnt for spl but i got minimal space. this last event a had a majour leak in my box so im going to seal it up and hope for the best. gotta find the sweet spot for these subs hz wise.

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1763
Yeah you just need to play a sweep and ask the dude at the computer what your peak was, then you just burp around there.

For sealed with 1200rms that score is pretty good! Doubling your rms is "supposed" to yield a 3db increase.....

I am aiming to have a Golf or CRX for next year...

Silver Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 293
my next project car is gonna be a blazer with 4 15" L7's, not sure wat to get for amps tho yet, maybe a atomic 2200.1.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2337
Canada a? The dude in that vid has a very thick Canadian accent a. Canada ftw tho a,legal drinking age is 18 and plus presciption drugs without a prescription!! I see a trip to Canada in my future.

Silver Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 294
ya b, the legal drinking age is 19 :P. Canadians have an accent? :S.

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1764
Lol @ the accent....Eh! Alberta is 18 for drinking but you Americans have DIRT cheap beer a 12 pack costs me $22+ :-(

4x15" L7's would pound!

I would look into an amp with a bit more juice though as those things take 1krms each....I know from experience that the RD 5750.1 is prettttty sweet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us