New car. 86 camaro help with system

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1000
ok just got it. its a hatch back btw. but anyways the gas tank is taking up space in the trunk area. but stil room. anyone know of box designs other than ebay for these cars in the years? and i want it ported not sure if i want 2 twelves or 1 15??? i can get 2 12" ma audio xl's from a friend. or my other friend drake has 4 w3 jl's. older style. one is now blown but sounds really messed up the other three are good he wants 65 bucks for them all. or i can just get new stuff. anyways can anyone tell me if there is a ported box design made for these cars? for 2 12's oe 1 15? thanx

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 653
its prolly something u will have to design ur self. if u get a basic design it wont always be best because each sub needs different things.
find how much room u have, how much money u want to spend and if u want spl or sql or a little of both.
after u pick out ur subs then u worry about the design and what can make it look good
when ur looking at subs keep in mind ur measure ments

Bronze Member
Username: Cd5honda96

OR United States

Post Number: 54
Try asking on ((thirdgen.org)) I would post a link but I'm not sure how to make them function. I'm sure some one there has info specific to your ride.

Gold Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1001
yea thats what ive been told. i think i will go with the ma's just cuz they are really cheap cuz hes a good friend there brand new too . and i dont have to much money so this syetm will be a temp one till i save some up cuz right now i want to do exhaust tint and paint job. i have a h/u already, but the box on ebay i looked at just to c what they looked liek it has so many little cuts in it but i know i can do something a little simpler . but they have none that are ported thats what i need to figure out. cuz bass is my number one thing i want in a car haah. oh and i want sql. and just a lil spl. but thanx anyways. i know there is someone who has a iroc-z on here but not sure who is was

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8169
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17760
I had an 88' Iroc-Z but that was years ago. I know the box was a tough build due to the rear windshield angle though. I had to remove the T-top storage bag also. They had to store in the garage when I removed them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us