Newcomer in need of advice

Username: Cmayne123

Memphis, Tn U.s.a.

Post Number: 1
alright i'm pretty new into car audio. right now in my jeep i have two twelve inch mtx 4500 series subs. i know its a pretty weak system, but i bought it off ebay for cheap, only with the intentions to hold me over until i had the money for a better soundsystem. i'm getting three memphis power reference 12's (250 watts RMS, 500 peak) they have dual voice coils and a 4 ohm impedence. i was wondering if anyone could give me any suggestions on what kind of amp to get? the cheaper the better, but i'm not looking for horrible quality. just something to get the job done, and done loudly. any advice would be greatly appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 921
if you are set on getting the PR 12s you should get an amp that puts out some good power into 2 ohms because the lowest you can wire 3 dual 4s is 2.67

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=3&I=42

a kicker zx1000.1 would be a good choice on those subs

if you have not bought the subs yet - post your budget and what you want

SPL - Loud
SQ - Sound Quality
SQL - a combination of both

someone will be able to help you with a great setup

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10153
That Cherokee can be set up to get loud. Let us know if you have bought the subs yet.

Memphis, Tn U.s.a.

Post Number: 2
change of plans. i'm switching from 3 12's to 4 15's. already have three of them. the memphis power reference dual 4 ohms. i'm thinking a 2000 watt amp for all 4? any suggestions?

Memphis, Tn U.s.a.

Post Number: 3
i'm trying to stay cheap but still have decent quality with the amp, and also trying to avoid having to get an extra battery

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10180
Ok well it looks like you have about a 136 amp alternator. Your going to need about 14 cubic feet to run four 15's ported what are your measurements?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us