Which are better mtx's or kickers?

Anonymous
I choose kicker...

Anonymous
Kicker subs are the ones setting the records... but thats also in the install.. vote#2 for kicker

Anonymous
both are junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

motoman22
I chose MTX (but I love Kicker) because Kicker just doesn't have a driver to compete with the MTX competetion sub (RFL152.) If you are on a budget, Kicker has a value-priced driver (C124) that works better than the MTX value line (4500 series.)

If you're hanging in the middle of the road (Kicker Comp VR or Thunder 6000 series) you're pretty much unable to go wrong. Kicker needs a bigger box and is slightly less efficient but doesn't mind lots of power...lots being a whole lot.

If MTX did not have the RFL152 and we had to compare the L7 series to the 8000 series it's a tough pick. The L7 is very picky on box design but it's more efficient with high power. The MTX is more forgiving on enclosure design but doesn't have the potential of the L7.

They are very shiny apples to pick from. Talk to the installer and he'll give you the best advice depending on your car, your budget, your existing equipment, and your listening habits.

Derek H
Whoever said both are junk is a moron. I have to go with kicker, I have a S10L7 and it pounds I was able to hit 142.3 db in Street A DB drags, with the one ten in a vented box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us