Need a value assement - help please

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 2622
Alright, I am in the middle of a "scammish" thing over on CA.com. I was supposed to receive a 500/1 in a trade, but never got it. Now, the kid is coming back to me and trying to settle with $ for the RF t5001 of mine he has. It was used, rated at 1036RMS, and in pretty decent shape. It was missing the two screws for the top vanity plate tho. So what do you think I could sell this thing for if I had it. How much should I ask for? Thanks guys!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8140
I'd say $150 minimum.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1499
usually 1/2 of new is fair

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6438
is this the juhl mess going on over there? and if i was you, i'd ask for whatever the cost is for a used 500/1 since that's what you were supposed to get in the first place.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1500
i agree with ctmike

Gold Member

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 2623
Yeah that's the Juhl mess. I don't know how much you read into it or not. The whole thing is fishy to me and I don't know who to trust, but if I get out of there with something I'll be happy.

Half of new would probably be about $100, maybe I'll ask for that. I would love to get the used price of the 500/1, but I don't feel like pushing my luck with this guy.

Any other opinions on things?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6439
yeah, i read the whole thread. so what's your name over there (please don't say your call_it_done)? at the very least, look around online stores and see what they sell 500/1s' for, then take off a small amount and request that. if he doesn't agree with that, let him know your contacting the police, both you and his local pds'.

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 309
At least push for $150. A used 500/1 can go for $300+. It's sad to hear the ppl at CA are scamming on you.

Gold Member

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 2624
Yeah it's bad. I'm BCS over there Mike. I don't know what to say about call_it_done.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6441
hmm, maybe i read a different thread, don't recall a thread with your name in it. just remember the thread that douche call_it_done started. you have a link to the thread with your problems with him?

but i wouldn't settle for anything less than a 500/1, or at least the $ it'll cost to buy an amp you need for your install. if he can't do that, pds' would be called if it were me.

Gold Member

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 2625
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335620&page=22

I'm in this one...a couple different times I pop up.

Gold Member

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 2626
Bump...any one have some opinions?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10131
"but i wouldn't settle for anything less than a 500/1, or at least the $ it'll cost to buy an amp you need for your install. if he can't do that, pds' would be called if it were me."

I agree with ctmike make this guy do the right thing. Dont be passive stand your ground. Whats right is right.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us