Alpine Type R's

Bronze Member
Username: Eaglesplyr77

Post Number: 17
hey guys just put my 2 alpine type r's in a box but problem is that i dont have my amp yet so would it be alright if i hooked the subs to my HU. i know it will be very little power and i would have to be careful not to clip my HU amp but would it harm the Subs??

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1496
patience my friend patience

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
AHHHH... couldn't resist. had to have a little bass. SOUNDS TERRIFIC !! but still have to be careful... and patient until my amp comes !

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-audio puls...

Post Number: 437
cant sound that great unless so have one badazz cd player

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
HAHA... well i have a pioneer which is BA. well i meant it sounds good since it is my first system and what i blew my first paychecks on. The bass beats my friend's little audiobahn's tho. lol. LOVE the Alpines !! can't wait 'till i can get them to pump with power !!

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 306
haha wow, I have never known someone to hook up a sub directly to their HU. It's very possible for your HU to clip your subs where the available power isn't enough and causes the fets to throw straight DC to your sub. that could be the end of them. either way, your pioneer at most could only give it 22wrms per channel.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8144
LMFAO, not to mention the subs getting the entire spectrum of frequencies

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1912
"The bass beats my friend's little audiobahn's tho"

Did your friend have his powered by his HU also?...lol

Silver Member
Username: Evildoughboy08

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 126
alpine type r's are badazz subs. i would hope they would beat audiobahns. i mean, comparing 2 12s hooked up to a HU against 2 12s hooked up to an amp, there WILL be a difference, lol.

and i know you CAN do that, look in all your manuals from the CD player, it'll tell you how to do it. never actually sen it done though...

what kind of amp are you waiting on?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8146
Nope sorry you can't. Or at least you can't properly. Theres no way to filter the high frequencies out of the HU speaker outputs.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 939
WOW
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us