How to switch numbers from cell phone to cell phone?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 2555
my current phone is a POS and my gf has a spare i'm taking. i use verizon if that means anything. i've already tried googling this with no success...

so does anybody know how to switch my number to a different phone without bringing it into the store? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2312
You just put your SIM card in the other phone. The other phone has to be a Verizon phone too or it wont work. If its not Verizon then you have to look up the unlock code for that modle phone,then you can use any service's SIM card in it.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7995
verizon dont have sim cards they are cdma phones

call verizone to swap the numbers

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 1109
or copy onto your comp then from your comp to your new phone

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Post Number: 2257
Copy what?

LOL sim cards in a verizon phone, yeah they are CDMA not GSM phones

ask verizon the number you can use to call in an activate your phone yourself it will save you money too

They charge about 10 -20 to do it, and they gave me the number and i did it for free,

Wish i could find the paper with the number but that years back

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8136
CDMA sucks as a technology compared to GSM..... verizon and sprint are the only major carriers that use it, the others are GSM.

Not to mention those networks suck as well.... I've had sprint (CDMA) before and AT&T (GSM) now. Everywhere I go the AT&T phone gets better reception. One particular case is my school campus..... people with GSM get full service, 6 bars. CDMA gets no service at all.

My prediction, as the GSM network continues to expand CDMA will eventually be phased out, just like TDMA (ATTs old network before they adopted cingulars GSM netowrk) was.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8001
cdma and gsm have nothing to do with reception my friend...

the only diference is that cdma are locked to a specific carrier and they run at diferent bandwidth for example t mobile runs at 8500 mhz while at&t at 9000

both of them are very same technology so if the other passes the other one will currently catch up...

about the reception.. it depends on the service area. and they provider strenght that is giving to an specific area..

for exaple in your campus u might have 6 bars with at&t thats cool maybe because its located in a good spot where the signal from at&t from the satellite gives better reception..

and the other cdma phones their satellite is alot far away or maybe is not in a good spot to catch reception..

it doesnt have to do with gsm vs cdma is about the areas and coverages...

and he was asking about how to transfer phone number to other one not asking if gsm was better than cdma phones...

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8139
Lilrob, you should try not to post if you don't know what you're talking about.... but then you wouldn't be able to post at all and who would we have to laugh at.......

" the only diference is that cdma are locked to a specific carrier "

Both CDMA and GSM phones CAN be locked. They both can also be unlocked.

" about the reception.. it depends on the service area. and they provider strenght that is giving to an specific area.. "

It matters what antenna towers are near you, CDMA antennas or GSM antennas. The provider that owns the antenna is irrelevant, almost all service plans with a GSM carrier allow your phone to utilize a different GSM carriers network if your own carrier does not have an antenna in range.

What that means, my AT&T phone can use most GSM antennas regardless of whether AT&T owns them or not.

And when over 80% of the cell phones in the world are GSM, those networks will obviously have more coverage.

" for exaple in your campus u might have 6 bars with at&t thats cool maybe because its located in a good spot where the signal from at&t from the satellite gives better reception..

and the other cdma phones their satellite is alot far away or maybe is not in a good spot to catch reception.. "

Cellular phones do not use satellites. They use RF antennas mounted on towers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8002
went to wikipedia???

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8143
LOL only for the 80% figure. In fact I posted the rest first and looked that up and edited it in.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8004
hahahaha

busted..

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2080

quote:

the only diference is that cdma are locked to a specific carrier and they run at diferent bandwidth for example t mobile runs at 8500 mhz while at&t at 9000

Double Fail. Please, stop talking about things you know nothing about.

At&t supports both 850/1900 MHz frequencies.

T-Mobile supports only 1900 Mhz

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 3 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6619
cut-n-paste

Gold Member

Post Number: 2081
Nah, I know the basics of how cell phones work lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8005
double fail nick t-mobile networks is 850mhz/1900

at&t

900/1800 mhz

want me to take a picture of my phone?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2083
Take a pic of your phone?

Here's an example:
People that do not get good service in their house often buy repeaters right?

If you have at&t, you will need a dual band repeater. If you look at the specs on such a repeater (like the zboost), you will see: 850/1900 MHz

At&t uses both. T-mobile USA only uses 1900mhz.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8147
" cut-n-paste "

Well that would be the biggest fail of all. Show me the source, I dare you.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1430
oh for the love of.... Livin _loud, 2 ways, go to verizonwireless.com login and under your account you should be able to do it. it could of changed, otherwise call up verizon and now a days they typically don't charge.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us