My truck has no REM wire for my amp

Username: Nyu17

Post Number: 1
i have 1987 ford bronco 2 and i installed a new deck in it. and just got a new amp and i went to install it. at first i was all like WFT why isn't it working then i found out that my truck doesn't have a REM wire, i had to use a converter so my new deck would work in my truck and the converter has a REM wire but my truck it self doesn't.

can someone please help me?

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 278
it should be on the deck. solid blue or blue w/ white stripe

Post Number: 2
i see it right, but it is only coming out of the stereo harness (i called it a converter because i am dumb:P) but ya if you look at where the harness plugs into the truck it doesn't have that wire, its an empty slot, so like the harness has the REM but my truck doesn't support it.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8106
Umm yeah so?

You splice the amps remote wire into the rem wire on the radio harness. Of course the trucks harness doesn't have it.

Post Number: 3
well the REM wire is in the middle of no-where so to say, it is not connected to anything, thats my problem

its not connected to the stereo or the truck, it is just lieing there.

like i heard some people connecting there REM wire stright to the battery, but i don't really won't to do that if theres another way. any ideas?

Silver Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 279
yea who cares if the truck has one run a wire from the REM on the amp to this wire. like MS said

Username: Smerrills

Post Number: 6
he's saying his stereo does not have a remote wire. period. The aftermarket harness that he got to put the aftermarket stereo into his truck had a wire for it, but his radio didnt have the wire for it.

Your best bet dude, would be to find another power source that turns on when the key is on. Not sure if it needs to be low voltage or not, i don't quite remember. I think it's just 12 volt though.

Silver Member
Username: Neptune07

Grand Junction/Golden, CO

Post Number: 159
if he doesn't have the REM in his truck period then i'm guessing when he takes the keys out of the ignition the HU will stay turned on until he turns it off manually, correct me if i'm wrong. without a REM it won't know when to turn on/off. all in all i'd say you're facked jp

Post Number: 8
Not necessarily. Some radios work off dimmer lights for that ''remote'' turn on. Some don't. I still say that he just taps into another 12v source that turns on when he turns on the key.

Post Number: 4
sweet thanks i shall try that

Silver Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 282
hold it hold it hold it. the REM wire has nothing to do with geting power to the HU thats just for the amp. the Red ACC wire and the Yellow wire is what gets the power. these are all on the back of the HU ACC goes to something powered when the ignition is hot and the yellow is the clock wire as we call it. it goes to something with constant power.

Post Number: 9
I know that, but his stereo has no remote wire period. As I said before.

I thought the red wire was on all the time. It is on my setup. And the yellow is the ''power on'' switch wire for my stereo. But luckily for me, my stereo comes with a remote wire to hook up to an amp. Unfortunately, some retard glued my carpet down to the freaking floor...I hate having to have exposed wiring on the floor.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us