2 AQ1200D with 2 12" Type R's

Silver Member
Username: Neptune07

Grand Junction/Golden, CO

Post Number: 146
1) is it possible to do this set up?

2) i probably won't have the money anytime soon, maybe not even this year, but my question is will the Type R's be able to handle the power? (wired down to 2 Ohms a piece)

thanks for any and all help

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1904
My question is why? Why not just buy 1 amp for both? It is a possible, but just sounds retarded IMO.

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Mid town, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 963
ya like donnie said...just get one and wire to 1ohm instead of two amps at 2ohm each

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 924
x3 just get dual 4 ohm v.c.'s

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
well you see i already have an amp but eventually i want to upgrade my subs to a couple AQ HD3's. so if i have separate amps (AQ1200D) for each sub i can wire the type r's to 2 ohms for now, but wire the HD3's down to 1ohm once i decide to purchase those (assuming they come in 2ohm DVC). i would like to upgrade my system step by step if you get what i'm saying

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
try and go with it and please just answer my 2nd question. i could care less if you think its retarded i just want an answer

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2440
how bout when u decide to upgrade u buy the second amp too. y does it matter when u get the second amp? or y do u have to hook both up right away?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1906
I did answer your question, it is possible. The R's should handle 900w apiece is you don't go crazy.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1090
save your money and just get the HDC3s..why waste your money when you already know what you are going to get in the future. save up and do it right the first time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
as of now i am fine with my setup but i eventually want more watts because i am power hungry. like i said i probably won't even have the money this year (maybe not til i'm finished with college) so i'll do the smart thing and save up til i can afford to upgrade everything. btw i go to the Colorado School of Mines so most likely all income in the next 4 years will be going towards student loans.

thanks for your opinions i was just really curious on this type of set-up cause i've never heard of one like it before
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us