Probably selling my car, for sale

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2942
I'm going to school in a few weeks and my dad refuses to have an extra car in the driveway so he'll prolly just sell mine and give me my mom's in two years, but that's aside from the point.

Selling my 15" TC-3000, my Digital Designs M1, and my Audiocontrol EQS. Also have a Digital Designs C2, but I'll need some kind of amp to power my Diamond Hex's if we sell it.

Any interest?

Rough estimates
TC ----- 300 plus shipping
DD M1 ------250 plus shipping
Audiocontrol EQS --- 175 plus shipping

i can work on prices, im me caldapal08 or email at caldapal08@yahoo.com

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x228/caldapal08/P2270062.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x228/caldapal08/P2270061.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x228/caldapal08/P2270060.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x228/caldapal08/P2270059.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x228/caldapal08/P2210055.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x228/caldapal08/P2210054.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x228/caldapal08/P2210053.jpg

the tc is a ridiculous sub. 10/10 cosmetically, 10/10 mechanically. it was my first single 15 setup ever. this sub killllllllllls and sounds incredible doing it. IMO sounds better and cleaner than my friends 13w7

the ddm1. 7/10 cosmetically, 10/10 mechanically. this sub is supposedly rated at 600 rms @1 ohm, but dd m1's (not to be confused with the m1a) have been benched at over 1800 rms. I called DD to get exact specs and the dd tech laughed when i asked what the real rating was. He claimed to me (idk if it is true or not) that they were banned in some competitions at one point due to severe underrating.

I bought the C2 new and its a great amp. powers my hex's beautifully.

the eqs is really great. i never had these specific amps hooked up without it, but the adjustability (spelling? word?) is great. also a line driver. in great condition.

Also have a full kicker pkd1 kit (minus the remote wire) for sale. Copper is only getting more expensive. 100 plus shipping.

Prices are negotiable

The m1 is on the left, c2 on the right (on box in photos)

i'm sure most on here will say i'm reliable. don't lowball me

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8503
"the ddm1. 7/10 cosmetically, 10/10 mechanically. this sub is supposedly rated at 600 rms @1 ohm, but dd m1's (not to be confused with the m1a) have been benched at over 1800 rms. I called DD to get exact specs and the dd tech laughed when i asked what the real rating was. He claimed to me (idk if it is true or not) that they were banned in some competitions at one point due to severe underrating."

I'm amazed that your sub puts out so many watts as well. No wonder the DD tech laughed.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10142
Lol Rob.

Nice sub in the TC. VC Config? Rated at 1500rms correct?

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 268
hey Cal, when u have the amps on the back of the sub box. how did u shop the vibration from getting to the amps? they say that its bad to mount amps on the box with the subs. and also, how did u do the wires for the amps? i think thats very cool.

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

James Carrol is the re...

Post Number: 1247
"they say that its bad to mount amps on the box with the subs"
No M.S. is the only one that says that.

If the box is well braced and well built there won't be enough vibration to hurt anything, and I'm sure Cal did a great job on that box.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2582
ive had my sundown on my alpha box for over a year not one issue

Silver Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 269
no one said he didn't. i was making a statement based on what i had read. dont take it personal.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5359
cal you can buy back your nine.4 :P

Silver Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 270
opinion: a personal view, attitude, or appraisal. ok, thats cool with me.

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

James Carrol is the re...

Post Number: 1248
Ware's chill out bud, I highly doubt you could put together a coherent sentence that i would take personally.

Back to the thread, what are the VC configs of the 3k?

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2944
dual 2 ohm vc's on the tc...

sorry rob, you caught me, i admit it, i am not perfect, occasionally, i do make mistakes, thank you for pointing out the obvious....

the amps are mounted on a piece of 3/4 MDF which is mounted on two basically one inch by 10 inch strips mounted vertically which are mounted on the box, so theres basically 3/4 inch airspace in between the box and the piece of wood the amps are on as well as carpet.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2945
"they say that its bad to mount amps on the box with the subs"
No M.S. is the only one that says that.

i'm not sure if it's M.S.'s opinion or fact (I would lean toward fact) but it is most likely, at best, not good for the amps to be mounted on the box. again, idk fact or fiction, but i would heed M.S.'s warnings about mounting directly on box (not to sound hypocritical, but i took necessary care to avoid direct mounting/vibration.

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1224
you dont have a second tc 3000 do ya? i know i wont find another one anytime soon

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8127
I am not the only one who says that. Although it is true.

http://www.bcae1.com/amplfier.htm

Amplifier mounting:
DO NOT mount an amplifier on your subwoofer box. I know that there has been a great deal of discussion over mounting an amplifier to an enclosure and many people do it all of the time with no problems but those people probably build good enclosures from 3/4" (or thicker) MDF with extensive bracing. Most people (especially young impatient people) are too lazy to do that and build unbraced enclosures from 5/8 MDF. These enclosures will flex considerably more than a proper enclosure and will likely cause amplifier failure if the amp is mounted to the enclosure.
REASON:
When the woofer(s) moves in or out, the box flexes and therefore causes the sides of the box to vibrate. This vibration is transferred to the amplifier mounted to the box. All of the electrical components in the amplifier have mass. Inertia (an object in motion tends to stay in motion, an object at rest tends to stay at rest) tells them to stay at rest, the box vibration is trying to make them move. The energy from the box's vibration is transferred to the components through the electrical leads which are soldered into the circuit board. All of this will cause the components to break loose and therefore cause the amplifier to fail prematurely. Basically, the amplifier will commit suicide! :-) I'm not telling you this because someone told me it was bad. I've been repairing amplifiers since ~1985. Virtually every amplifier that's come into my shop with parts rattling around inside them have been mounted on the speaker box. It causes the legs of the semiconductors to break (which causes amplifier failure). It causes the capacitors to break off of the board (which can cause catastrophic amplifier failure). It causes solder joints to break on the semiconductors mounted to the heat sink. It causes transformer windings to grind into one another (which causes lots of smoke to pour out of your amplifier). People who repeatedly tell others to mount their amps on the speaker box because they've never had a problem remind me of people who drink and drive and say there's nothing wrong with it because they've never crashed their vehicle. Eventually, in both cases, problems will arise.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2072
If it is well braced, there is no such thing as vibration on the box because there is no flexing.

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 1099
as long as the amp is on a wall that doesnt have a lot of flex it can be the best place ie the back of the seat can vib more

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10157
Cal, interested in trades?

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2947
ehhhh not really, unless it's like a newer model re se, otherwise, nah.

no, only one tc...my tailgate wouldve been removed with two.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10160
Come on Cal, I know you want my Mag lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us