Sealed/Ported, Up/Down

Silver Member
Username: Deanerjr

Post Number: 131
Some of you all may know, I have a 2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab *4 Door* I think ima be ripping out the whole back seat, which will give me a shltload of room.

Needless to say, i have 2 CVR 12's. An MTX TC6004 Amplifier, 900W RMS. I have two CVT 10's which ran about the same price wise oddly, so ill pay the difference when i sell those and buy 2 more CVR 12's, and another MTX TC6004.

So for four 12" CVR's and two MTX TC6004's, you think i should face the box up or down, and you think i should get a sealed or ported box? What size box? And any other suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Vc23

Fi , 2 12 Fi Bls U.s.a

Post Number: 333
wall that sh1t out... but if not i would definatly go subs up... port back... or port up...

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 12130
Efficiency Bandwidth Product (EBP)
EBP = Fs / Qes
50 or less = best used in a sealed enclosure.
50 - 90 = flexible enclosure options.
90 or greater = best used in ported enclosure.
-OR-
Qts < 0.30 - ported
Qts = 0.30 - 0.50, use ported or sealed.
Qts > 0.50 sealed

Percentage of Sag = 24,849 / ( Xmax * Fs²)
If Sag% < 5%, the driver may be mounted down (or up) firing. (Xmax in milimeters.)

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2060
Forget ported or sealed, go quad-tuner.

Sorry if I get technical about this.
Quad-tuner (also known as spooner-tuner) is a form of a box that is only big enough for the subs to be mounted on all 4 of the side walls. Each sub puts out enough air to push the one across from it, causing the box to have an unlimited tune for all four subs. That's right, you could even play 100-150hz with no problem on your subs, even if they are keeker.

The person that discovered this was Kenny Jakoff. He double mastered in the degree of acousiposticoral. The design of this box came to him while he was in the middle of a four person glory hole. He realized that if he had guys on all four sides, the amount of output would increase dramatically.

I hope this helps. If you need any more info, please ask.

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 635
port back subs up, angel the back 2 subs to the outsides a little if u can

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
hmm. Saw someone with four cvrs in a video, two 1800w amps. How loud you think that would get the way nick described? and Nick, i love that and lmao @ the explanation. xD

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 918
lol... Steven, To not do Nicks design... Although It sound like a GREAT idea(WTG Nick). The Spooner-tuner design has it's flaws.. The main flaw is phasing.. The other flaw is..... well, to put it delicatly. At high volumes.... Your azz hurts, lol
And I dont care how big of a basshead you are... When bumpin' in your whip, You don't want to feel like you are being violated!

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
i wanna feel violated. lol. xD
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us