WHATS THE BEST AMP FOR 2 KICKER VR COMP 15'S 2 OHM ...ALOT OF BASS AND QUALITY. 2 CHANNEL.

Hey i have 2 kicker vr comp 15's..the 2 ohm subs not 4 ohm...thier 500 rms each...and 1000 peak eac...it would help to have some suggestions on a good amp for these subs...i dont have a brand prefernce..cheap is good but i have to get whats the best here.... so i get what i get...and also i kno this isnt the head unit section...but i was wondering since u might have expeirence with kicker or the brand amp your suggesting..what head unit should i get..sony..alpine like what should i look for..thanks a lot for your help

teflondog
if you're looking for a headunit, alpine is second to none. they are well known for great sound quality and i use nothing but alpine receivers in competitions. as for an amp, i would recommend the kicker 800.2 for those subs. shop around ebay because i bought one not too long ago for less than $300.

Sean G
k any other suggestions?

i think this amp would only give 400 watt to each sub..im looking for an amp that could give my subs to atleast run at rms...or maybe an amp that could give 600 watt to each subs...1200 watt all together...

teflondog
if you want 1200 watts, then get the kicker 1200.1 amp. i got to warn you though, this amp puts out more like 1300 watts rms. mine was tested at 1382 watts. they're very underrated.

Sean G
so like i am at risk of blowing my subs??right... i just want to give them enough pwer to atleast run them at more then rms sometimes

teflondog
"run them at more than rms"? what are you talking about? rms power is the only power you should be looking at. rms is the continuous value/true value. peak power is a big lie to get you to buy stuff. didn't you know that? well in any case, you won't blow your subs if you turn the amp's gain down. one rule to follow is NEVER turn any amp gain to the max. it will cause distortion and ruin your subs. the most your amp should be turned up is about 90%. so having that extra power to spare is a good thing.

Sean G
kk thanks so the 1200.1 is a good amp even if i wanted to upgrade my system..like it wont hurt my subs if i turn the gain down?and if so anything else i should watch for?

teflondog
there's so many amps out there. the list is endless. one website that i recommend and trust is discountsjungle.com because i've always ordered from them with no problems. all their products cost 50% less than what stores sell them for. jl audio, kicker, and rockford fosgate seem to be the bestselling brands.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us