Troubleshooting

Username: Yfz_rcr_12

NC

Post Number: 1
I just installed my subwoofer and it is getting no power. I think the problem is the line out converter but i dont know why its not working. I wired it to the rear speakers and turned the gain up on it. The amp is turning on and the gain is not all the way down. I did read something about LOCs not working on certain cars though. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8473
Go to radio shack and get yourself a 3.5mm Stereo Male To RCA Female Y-Cable . Then plug an ipod or mp3 player up to your amplifier and see if your system will work playing the signal through the MP3 player.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8474
http://www.impactacoustics.com/product.asp?cat_id=813&sku=40422&cm_mmc_o=dyBBTkw CjC-EzkBT%20-ApbBCjCN.DFF%204zkwCdwFzkw%20Zwzp5tBEw%20H0fwElbBECjCSiSnn

NC

Post Number: 2
well i went and got one of those Y cables and the sub works off of my ipod. So what could the problem with my line out converter be?

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 908
try a different LOC. Sounds like that one is bad. Also cheack fader on HU to make sure that you are getting sound to rear channel.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 400
yup if not ur rca's could be damaged or deck is done

NC

Post Number: 3
The RCAs cant be damaged because i used them to connect the amp to the ipod.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4689
which Loc?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8070
Some stock systems have bass filters on the speakers or built into a stock amp so the LOC won't work on those.

NC

Post Number: 4
Its a soundgate locpro LOC. I have a 350z with the bose system. Do you think it would have a bass filter?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8075
I would bet that the signals to each speaker are crossed-over and filtered at the stock amp wherever that is.

Sometimes you can get adapter modules to work with stock systems like that but it is not worth.

A low end aftermarket HU will cost less.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us