Best midrange - money is not object(sort of)?

Username: Lcat

Post Number: 2
I'm looking for a midrange to use with my Dynaudio System360. It has Dyn MD100 tweeter, and MW18 midwoofer(8"). Tweeter can go down to 2.5 but I would preffer it to cross higher and midwoofer can go pretty high but I preffer it to cross as low as I can(100? 200?). Now - what I'm looking for in mids -, transparency and absence of it's own strong coloration, warmth, ability to play loud and good dynamic range. It can't be bigger then 6.5 and deeper then 3.5-3.7" Here is an intresting thing - I could get almoust any home audio midrange for very cheap, so I would preffer using Home Audio mids to car audio. My budget for Car Audio mids is $300 but for Home Audio I could get something which is up to $1200 in retail. I understand what not all
HA mids can be used in Car Audio for many reasons. Preffer high sencitivity drivers. Do not have space to build large enclusure. Mids will be mounted in the doors at the bottom, tweets are in the door at 12" up, and midbass in kickpanels. I'm also open to suggestion for another tweeters.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 615
Stick with a 4" driver for the best midrange. How much power do you have available? I assume you're running active?

Username: Lcat

Post Number: 4
50/75/110/125 wpc in 4 ohm depending on which amp I will run. And yes I'm runing active with Alpine H900

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 620
I can get you a pair of CDT ES-04's which would be a terrific option. Based on what you said above, they would be right up your alley. Email me at sales@exigeaudio.com if interested.

There are many great companies though...be sure to check out some of the following:

Morel
DLS
Focal
Hertz
Rainbow
Dynaudio
ScanSpeak

Rainbow, DLS, and Focal might not be the best options for you, but they are worth strong consideration.

Username: Toyotwincamgt

Arroyo, Puerto Rico United States

Post Number: 9
and beyma

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2559
DlS 3"are consderably better than the Dyns as they drop to 315 while the Dyns dont play below 400Hz. Both are already enclosed, so they don't require any complicated install.
You can nab a pair for 100-150pr used.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2560
...the Iridium IR-3's to be precise
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us