Need help with hookin up powered sub

Username: Smerrills

Post Number: 1
Hello, new to the forums, but not new to hooking up car stereos. But wildly, I've found myself in a situation I've never come accross before.

I recently just bought this powered subwoofer: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6014618

Now, usually I can hook up any amp, but I've ran into a situation where the head unit I have does not have RCA outputs for an amp. Which honestly, is kinda weird.

The page says it has speaker level inputs, but if you look at the bigger picture, it shows the amp on the back, and I don't see a spot to put speaker wire IN the amp.

Is there a solution other than running speakerwire that is spliced into an RCA cable? I know this isn't good to do, but unfortunately I have no other alternative that I know about.

Any help is well appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8043
Upload

It should have come with an adapter with wires on it to plug in there.

If you don't have that, you need a line out converter. Splicing speaker wire to RCA will NOT work at all.

Example:
http://www.sjgreatdeals.com/sisloc80.html

Post Number: 2
Quick question then.

I have a couple of plugs I just found that I think would fit that plugin. Would wiring said plug to the speaker wires work for that?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8061
That would work as long as the plug really does fit right.

Hard to tell from the pic but it looks like it may be standard connector used on PC power supplies for the floppy drive.

Silver Member
Username: Qslimms

Swanton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 192
I used to have a couple of those high level output plugs laying around they are a little smaller than a p.c. power supply plug

Post Number: 3
I don't suppose you know where I could pick up some do you?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us