Starved for power!

Silver Member
Username: Dubmc23

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 266
i have a kicker kx1200.1 with 4awg with a 100 amp fuse running 2 kicker cvx's...when i took it to the local shop and asked what i need he said i would need a decent sized cap but ive heard that capacitors dont do very much...so what should i do to get it more power??

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 382
get a yellow top or kinetik battery, get rid of the 4 awg and get 2 gauge...DO NOT BUY THE CAP TELL THEM TO RAM IT!!!

Silver Member

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 267
would it just be worth it to get the 0awg wire now tho cuz i plan on upgrading in the future...but i am running every thing stock electrically in my civic

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3250
Put in whatever Kinetik battery that fits under your hood (biggest). Run the 0awg back but i wouldnt upgrade your big 3 until you upgrade to an HO alternator. Upgrade to a 150-200a fuse because that kicker amp should pull over 100a. Caps do stop dimming but other than that they dont have much use.

If you really want a cap i have an alumapro 5 farad i can do for 140shipped brand new in box. They go for over 200 on ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 384
get the 0 gauge kicker hyperflex kit on ebay i think i got mine for like 120 shipped, 25 feet of 0 gauge 300 amp fuse, 2 distribution blocks, 10 feet of 4 gauge, and other stuff, cant beat that price

Silver Member

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 268
am i gonna have to upgrade my alternator soon?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us