IA20.1 (He doesn't know what he has)

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3781
My neighbor(he knows nothing about car audio)has 2 kicker L7 12" 750RMS D4 and he has been needing amp. So today he gets off work early and stops by a pawnshop to see if they had some amps. Guess what he got a IA20.1 for $200then goes to a CA shop to get it hook and aparently the shop doesn't know how to wire subs. They have the subs wire to 4ohm not 1ohm(but I didn't tell him that)so the subs are WAY under power but he thinks its bangin. So I go get a Powerbass XA900D that I have lying around and hook it up at 1ohm and he thinks its amazing compared to the IA20.1

I just mite get a IA20.1 for a Powerbas XA900D and hell for $200 900RMS its not bad so I wouldn't feel like I ripped him off which you know it is.

Silver Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 325
okay, so if you had an ia 20.1 that you paid 200 for and someone who knew more than you traded you a powerbass xa900d for it you wouldnt feel like you got ripped off if later down the road you found out how much that amp was worth?

i would be careful if i were you. first off, anyone can look up the price of both of those amps online, and find their power ratings. he might get a little angry if he does that after you trade with him lol.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3703
how about you just offer him 200 for the amp. you still make out awesome and you dont rip him the eff off. heck, even offer to sell him the powerbass. much better than straight up trading.

the cisco kid

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 370
yeah give him the amp, wire it up to 1 ohm, hell like the power hell want it so you tell him, u want like 150 for it, and hell say aww man i shouldnt have bought that amp, and you say well ill help u out if u give me a deal on it, and get it for like 180, not really ripping off jus tgetting a better deal..

Silver Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 326
after thinking about it more, just play up the powerbass amp. sell him that amp for $350 and buy his amp for $150 and say he over paid for it originally. that way you really screw him. just hope he never find out.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6579
Thats crazy.
I work at a pawn/car audio shop and I used an online blue book to get loan values for different items.

That bluebook shows $245-300 for average trade-in value.

We loan/buy some nice stuff from time to time, but I am the only person in this area w/ an IA20.1.

hell of a find.

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

Post Number: 164
hell of a find
x2

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8427
Stolen amplifier most likely. Be careful when showing off that amp if you get it, someone might bust your head open.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8021
Umm how would someone tell it apart from every other 20.1 out there lol

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 374
maybe not alot on that area

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8024
Still how could you prove that it was stolen?

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8432
How can you be so stupid? What if it had something unique about it like a scratch in a certain spot? Some people even mark their things in spots not visible on the top side. For example, I might put little markings on the bottom of an amplifier so I know it's mine if it ever goes missing, some people do little things like this and when the cops are called and you give them little bits of info like that it's not so hard to prove.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8433
Also, there are these things that are called receipts and police reports. When a pawn shop gets busted holding or selling stolen goods I'm not sure on this law everywhere but they have to return it to the original purchaser that it was stolen from.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3782
"What if it had something unique about it like a scratch in a certain spot"

I do that to my stuff.

"okay, so if you had an ia 20.1 that you paid 200 for and someone who knew more than you traded you a powerbass xa900d for it you wouldnt feel like you got ripped off if later down the road you found out how much that amp was worth?"

This happen to me when I first got into the CA game.(on some RF amps)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3789
Well no ia20.1 for me.But im happy.

Somebody bought the ia20.1 for $400 then he comes over to my house to see if I will sell the amp I put in his ride the other day(aka Powerbass XA900D). So Im thinking Im not using it,or do I need the XA900D cause I have a SAZ-1500D so sure Ill sell it. He gave me $300 for the XA900D thats great since I paid $150,so $150 profit. So I hooked the XA900D back up for him and he is happy as hell.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3790
Oh yeah my neighbor was saying the dude that bought the amp was saying the ia20.1 is a good old amp that needs to be fixed for max power and will cost $200-$250.(something like that)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us