Subwoofer $$$$$

Bronze Member
Username: Eaglesplyr77

Post Number: 11
ok so i have a Hifonics Txi 1508D. My budget is $300. and I plan to buy my sub today but i am torn between three subs. The Kicker L7, dual Alpine type R's, and Fi. If i go with Fi i dont know if i should go with a stock 15 Bl" or Loaded SSD. I listen to alot of rap and hip hop music and want some powerful, kick @ss bass.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2218
from your description of music and what you want i would go with the L7 i used to own a pair and i loved them get the Rs if you want loudness with sq but honestly i dont think you have enough power for the BL just my opinion hope i helped

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 862
2- type r's would sound better than 1-L7 and likely get louder.. What are your plans for an enclosure? That needs to factor into your budget.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
i have $100 to either build my own enclosure or have the car audio store build me one. I plan to go ported and i have a huge trunk in my Pontiac Grand Prix so space is not a problem.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 864
i would definetly go 2- type -r's d4. ported

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2221
yeah i didn't realize it was 2 type r's and only one L7 but why can't you go with dual L7s?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
budget is $300 so it would have to be the 2 8" L7's against the 2 Alpine Type R's.

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2222
i'm pretty sure you can find dual 12" l7s for that price they are always some floating around on ca.com unless your totally convinced on buying new but yeah if so you wouldn't be disappointed with the type r's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
alright just bought 2 12" Alpine type R d4.

Silver Member
Username: Neptune07

Grand Junction/Golden, CO

Post Number: 121
you'll be happy with that set up

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MgyDb6MKOjc

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4423
Good call Z, Keeker subs FTMFL.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 371
Dual alpine type r's, get two dual 4 ohm, and wire to 1 ohm on brutus 1608d, with the right box and right vehicle can get loud, i hit 141 db

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8019
You made the right choice. The Type Rs will be the best all around in SQ and loudness as long as you build the correct box for them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us