What do you guys think?

Silver Member
Username: Ton

Post Number: 180
Hi guys,

I just receive my Power Master Batteries 2x D3100 which will be installed each side in the trunk and 1x D5100 in the front not installed yet because i've cut the trunk floor which i will modified it so i can get more room for an ported box and to hold the 2x D3100, but I'm looking for an shop to do that job (steel job and welding)

And for wires I'm thinking of 4x runs of 1/0 gauge KnuKonceptz from front to the D3100's in the back, 2 runs for each D3100's and from there 1x 1/0 awg and 1x 4awg for 1x MD-21 and 1x MD3D at each sides.

And i've installed my Ohio Gen Alt. which is 230A at 14.2 Volt (dyno sheet) it came with a external voltage regulator, and i set the regulator at max to see what voltage I'm seeing and it put out 15.92Volts

now what do you guys think, should i let the voltage there at 15.92 volt, I was thinking at 15-15.5Volt or lower? will it still be ok for my Equipments? As for Audio equipment they are RE Audio and USAmps and it seems that the Amps max voltage is 16volt. they are 2x USAmps MD-3D, 2x USAmps MD21, 4x RE SX 12" d4 and 8x RE RE 6.5 Comp Set.
I've talked with Greg@ USAmps and he said that the MD-3D will put out about 2200wrms at 1ohm so I'm thinking to set my gains for a total of 4400Wrms for the subs
and like 400wrms for the components thus ~4800 Wrms of total power. will this be enough power for this setup? or should i put another Ohio Gen 230A? i can do it, but i have to take the AC out and set them at 15-15.5 Volts. or just one Alt is more than enough?

And here's a link you can see the cut out trunk floor. http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n47/Aruman/

Anyways thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 855
you got a lot on your plate... That is a big job.. I dont know enough to give you advise on this issue.. But I wish you luck... I want detailed pics and even a vid as soon as possible... good luck again..

This is how I learn (usually) new sh!t
!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7996
You better turn that voltage regulator down to 14.4 right quick or say goodbye to your cars electronics.

Honestly, how can some people take on audio projects like this and not understand the concept of voltage

Silver Member
Username: Ton

Post Number: 182
M.S. I just test it to see how much voltage it's put out. and it did nothing to my car it's now at 15V.

I'm an Electrician I do know Voltage, and i don't think a company will make they cars equipment to be safe just a bit over 14.4 volt, I simply don't believe that, if so, then I should have fried a lot of things already.

I post this thread for more Opinions, that's all.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7997
With a small increase like that it won't happen instantly it will happen over time. If you're an electrician you should know what happens when you put more voltage through a circuit or into a device than is intended for it.

Low voltage electronics like the components used in cars are much more sensitive to voltage than say, 120VAC household appliances.

A good analogy would be driving your car with the tach on the red line all the time. It will work for a while but it's bad for the engine and eventually something will fail.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10042
That USAmps MD-3D only has three 30 amp fuses showing and 90 amps will only produce about 1000 rms after efficiency losses. (amps times volts equals watts minus about 20% losses for a class d amplifier)

And then I do some reading here and they are claiming the amp has fuses inside and outside the amp with both amounts together totaling 240 amps.

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=184927
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us