Polk EX350 VS Diamond Audio M341i

Anonymous
I have a 03 Honda Goldwing its Stereo is 25w Pansonic unit with 4 speakers. 2 front and 2 rear.

The Honda OEM speakers were 15w 3ohm units. I already replaced them with the Polk EX350 speakers which sound much better.

Now I have come across the Diamond Audio M341i 4 1/2" speaker.

I was wondering if it would be worth it to more to the Diamond Audio speakers?

I have never heard of the company? Also would they have a better, louder output compared to the Polk EX350's ?

Thanks

Brad
I work for a car audio shop and I must say that Diamond audio is some of the best products Ive ever heard. I have a pair of Diamond's Hex Components 6 1/2" in the front of my Maxima and they are being pushed by a Soundstream Tarantula 500/4. It took me 3 months to decide on which components to buy but after I finally heard the Diamonds I had made my decision. As far as the louder output you are reffering to, I know that Diamond M3's use a 4 ohm load impedance which will not play as load as the Polk's you have already purchased that you say have a 3 ohm load impedence. You really arent going to get the full potential out of your speakers if you are running them of a deck. I would highly suggest purchasing an amplifier to match your speakers abilities to achieve the sound quality and loudness you are trying to aquire. If your still skeptical about Diamond audio and would like to match your other speakers you can also look into SoundStream Tarantula series coaxils which have a 3 ohm load. Ive personnally never heard these but I would imagine they can compete with Polk, but I dont see either one matching Diamonds Sound Quality. The only other speaker I would compare to diamond is the JBL GTi, A/D/S, Dynaudio, and the higher dollar MB Quarts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us