OT: How small claims works?

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 358
I lent my father 3 grand last year, trusting him but also got a signed doucmnet by him saying he would pay me back within 30 days, it sbeen almost 6 months, i have a witness and a witness that signed, i am 15 turning 16 in november, does anybody know the law system, as i have never been to court, i know this is really off topic, but i decided to come here because i know ecousticans are very smart, thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5330
i take it you two do not live together..

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2513
You're going to take your dad to court?

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

4 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 953
That's how some things have to end up unfortunately.

I personally don't have a lot of knowledge on this subject but I searched google just now for you and this looks about what you are looking for.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/infoabout/claims/index.htm

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 360
well we will not be after i pursue to sue him, first i am going to notify him if he still dont choke up the money, i will take him to court an dmove in with my mother or sister,

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 361
o and by the way i live in ontario canada, and that link was for the united kingdom, keep the help coming my ecoustic bro's lol, thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8403
Wow, sorry to hear about your problem Chris. Hopefully things get resolved before it goes to court.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 852
dont know about Canada.. But in U.S. A minor cannot legally enter into a contract... Sorry to tell ya that down here, your contract would be nill and void!

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17601
Just remind him that you will be the one choosing his nursing home.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7987
hes gonna sue you back for all the crappy years he spent on you and all the food he gave you.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4403
^^^

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4404
Here you go Chris:

http://www.canlaw.com/scc/smallclaims.htm

http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/courts/scc/

http://www.ontariocourtforms.on.ca/english/scc

http://www.ehmac.ca/everything-else-eh/24150-small-claims-court-ontario-tips.htm l (scroll down a bit)

http://www.isthatlegal.ca/index.php?name=start.scc

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 363
thanks guys, and i cant believe hed do thos eh, pretty low to do that to ur own kid, id never do that if i had a kid, anybody on here a lawyer or knows about law?

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 506
Dude just give him something to help him sleep! you know Deep Sleep!! and then get the Neighbors Dog over and ??????????, get lots of pic's!!! In the Morning when he wakes have a envelope with a couple pic'e in it sitting on the table by his coffee cup!!! Just to Tease him!! Then Tell him to go to you MySpace Pic's and Demand the money!! or you'll make your Pic's public!!! For everyone to see!!! Ha Ha I'm just messing! but it would be funny!!!

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1429
Mark here in the us a minor can enter into a contract. He doesn't have to honor it but an adult would have to.
You go to the court house and file. Then they serve your dad the papers.then court. Make sure you bring all your paperwork and your witness to court if he still hasn't paid.
I have to take tenants all the time.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2043
Troy is right. If minors could not enter a contract, we wouldn't have celebritys that look like beavers, such as "Miley Cyrus"

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2215
Miley just got PWNED

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 860
What Exceptions Exist to Create a Binding Contract With a Minor?
If every contract with a minor was invalid, no one in their right mind would ever enter into a contract with a minor. To allow some minors to enter into contracts and/or prevent minors from abusing their position, there are several exceptions including:

Sports or Entertainment Contracts
Generally speaking, minors who enter into sports or entertainment contracts are held to them, and cannot void them at will.

Necessaries
Contracts for certain goods and services that are necessary to the health and safety of infants cannot be voided. Such goods and services include food, clothing, and lodging or shelter. In some instances, an automobile or motorcycle is also considered a necessary.

Disaffirm the Whole Contract
A minor who decides to void a contract because of his age must void the entire contract. The law does not let them to continue to enforce some of the contract while voiding other parts.

Ratification

A minor can only void a contract while they are still under the age of maturity (again, usually 18), or for a reasonable time after they have reached that age. If a person does nothing to disaffirm the contract after they stop being a minor, the law can find that they will no longer be able to void the contract

Can an Attorney Help Me With Minor Contracts?
If contracting with a minor, the contract may not be legally enforceable. If you are in the process of drafting a contract, or have already done so and the other party is seeking to defend against its enforcement because they are a minor, contacting an attorney is strongly recommended.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2220
LMFAO lil rob never seizes to amaze me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us