Head unit blinking..

Username: Unscathed

Post Number: 1
I have a Kenwood MP532U CD Deck.. I had it for a little over a year or so. Since I had some time, I decided to hook my system back up as I pulled everything out to rhinoline my jeep tub.

I put everything back, wired it up like normal and it was working fine.

For some reason, my the head unit keeps blinking on and off over and over again.

It started doing this to me once or twice before I took the system down for a few months.. and it worked fine a little bit ago when I was testing my new subwoofer so I don't quite understand why it keeps blinking on and off.

I pressed the reset button, and the unit will come up. as soon as I try to take it out of STANDBY, it starts to blink on and off again.

It will stay on if I go into the menu settings, it is just when I try to turn the CD/USB or anyother function is when it starts acting screwy.

Any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1402
i would have said it's a contact in the detachable faceplate not making a good connection. but since you say it stays on the only thing i can assume is it's not getting a full 12 volts, the actual electronic brain of the unit is going or u have a bad ground. even a loose pin in the radios connector could caus it but i'd start with voltage and go from there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us