Soundsplinter vs audiopulse

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1207
cant decide between 2 rl-p 18" or a pair of 15" revos. 18's will be in 10 cu ft box tuned to 28, revos will be in 9 cu ft tuned to 27-28. only thing is i can only give the revos 2000w total, and prolly not that with my stock electrical.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 564
2000w will be plenty for a pair of Revo's. Heck Jake weren't you running 2 on 1500w? If I can be of any help with the Revos, just let me know!

Mike
sales@exigeaudio.com

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3216
I was running "1700rms" but the amp is underrated and it does that at 12.5v, i was running at 14.0.

I think you are tuning very low for both subs. If you do it that way it will kill on the low bass songs but anything over 60hz will be absolutely nothing. I had my 2 AA Havoc 18s in a 12cuft box tuned to ~27hz and it sounded so sloppy on the upper bass notes i couldnt listen to anything but rap.

If you did the revos i would tune to 33-34hz. Not sure on the soundsplinter ive never built a box for an RL-p. Im also very "anti-18" because i honestly have not heard one that sounded good.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7985
yo exige dude is there a way u can email me a price list for the audiopulse series??? i wanna get some but don know how much are they and wich series i can afford right now

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 567
GI Rob...email me at sales@exigeaudio.com and I'll send one over for you! And yes tune higher, sorry I missed that the first time.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4398
The RL-P are "slow" on quick percussive bass notes such as kick drums, meaning that sounds that are supposed to be crisp and seperated can blur together --especially in the 18" size. I wouldn't recommend them at all, and the Revo's will crush them in every aspect.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1208
i dont think i'd go over 30 hz on tuning for the revos, i've got 2 ssd's tuned to 32 right now and i want lower. only thing i listen to is country and rap, and country actually hits pretty low.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3217
Just because you are tuned to 32hz and its not hitting the lows you want doesnt mean you have to tune the revos lower. One sub tuned to 32 will hit lower than a different brand sub tuned to the same freq. If all that mattered in hitting lows was the box tuning everyone would be running the cheapest subs they could find and tuned to 28hz. It doesnt work like that. Look at DD they want everyone to tune there subs to 40hz and they still sound pretty damn good.

Right now my axis box that is tuned to 33hz dominates all low notes. Its kinda weak in the upper bass notes tho, which is why im looking for something different in the near future.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1210
well ya but i dont want to hear them and be like i wish i tuned lower. im not worried about the 60hz or above range. but i dont want muddy sounds either. and i thought with the revo's low fs and high xmax it would want a lower tune
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us