I Dont Understand!?!

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 343
Ok i had my 2 12" hx2's in a ported box, and a hifonics brutus 1600 in my sisters cavi wit 2 gauge wire, i won a comp hitting 139.5 db, crazy loud. my buddy bought it so i spent 3 hours hooking it up yesterday, problems wit his deck and what not, he bought cheap 0 gauge prolly a bit bigger then true 2 gauge, anyways i hooked everything up, and something sounds distorted, i mean its no where as near as loud as the cavalier, i couldnt find a ground so i took a nut out of the trunk, and tried to sand the paint off it, could the be why when u turn it up it is distorted? his deck puts out 2 volts, i turned the gain down a bit it sounds a bit better, but im confused on one thing this could be the problem during the competition i had the remote bass control off the amp, now i dont have it, and i dont know if that controlled the gain or the bass eq, because it said remote bass on the controller, so i have that bass setting turned all the way down, and the gain at 3/4 he thinks its pretty loud, but i know its way louder, and his trunk is the same size, can somebody give me an answer to the gain bass thing on hifonics amps, or where i could find a better ground in the trunk of a toyota corrolla, thanks guys any input is appreciated

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 345
bump

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 346
bump? can someone help me

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2266
If you dont have the remote bass knob now,that could be why it doesnt sound as loud. When I had my MB Quart amp at first I didnt use the bass remote and it sounded weak so I tried it with the bass knob and it sounded way better. I think some amps need the remote to work right. Try plugging in the remote bass knob and see if that helps.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7955
Well first thing to do would be set your gain correctly and stop referring to it as 1/2 or 3/4 which means nothing.

And lol you don't need a bass knob to make an amp work right

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 353
haha ok m.s its not really funny, and i didnt check the exact voltage, so im just approximately guessing, people cant be perfect, what do u think it is m.s since you know everything? it sounds way quieter and the deck has the same preout voltage

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1087
set your gain with a DMM...

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7959
^^^^ That is what I would do first

Then check the LPF both on the amp and HU if it has it. LPF too high will cause it to sound bad. HU have a sub level or other controls on it?

And how much difference is there really? Acoustics of the vehicle can make it sound somewhat different, but it shouldn't be a lot.

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 357
well m.s when it hits the lows it sounds like sh1t, i mean that hyptnotize song by young jeezy i was showin him, and normally it hits hard, it sounded like sh1t i unno why

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7962
Unless something got damaged or the amp settings are wrong it's got to be something with the HU
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us