All People needing radio codes , stop posting and read here !

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1386
ok i'm getting sick of weeding through a ton of posts about codes and it goes nowhere, 90 percent of ppl on here can't help you and even if they worked for the dealer ship they can't they don't have access to the equipment to get your code let alone wanna risk being fired over it.

so heres what you need to do and know.

1. codes are printed in fuse boxes, under hoods, in glove boxes, under ashtrays. pretty much anywhere and is usually always on white sticker

2. u get the serial off the radio and the vin number, call your nearest dealer. they can legitly look up your code for you and help you in some cases u might need to prove your bill of sale.

3. no most companies can't get u a code with just the vin they need the radios serial cause diff radios get put in diff cars so the model number might be diff along with the code.

4. if you can't do any of this go to the dealer they will charge you to pull the radio out get the code and enter it.

5. please stop posting new topics and condense your posts to here about codes. but please don't ask for a code it won't help at all.

Username: Oaky

Post Number: 3
Ok, I'm new at this kind of thing, so in the case that my am/fm radio works fine but the cd player continuously keeps ejecting the each CD I insert with the message 'error' displayed, do you or anyone else know if this means a code is required to fix this ongoing problem?
Thank you.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1388
if that happens it can typically be the radio having a processor failure of some kind or a switch inside that controls the ejecting of a cd could be stuck.

Username: Oaky

Post Number: 4
Hey Keith, thank you very much for your response to my current ongoing problem and more importantly your input. I suppose in order to check the 'eject' button, it would involve removing the factory stereo itself from the dash, if that is indeed the problem?
Do you think it would or might be cheaper simply to purchase a new one altogether rather than trying to locate the source of this problem?
Someone mentioned purchasing what is called a 'lens cleaner kit' ($8 to $10) and cleaning the inside of the player, specifically the 'lens' itself. Have you heard of this option and if so, possibly correcting the 'error' message eject problem?

Regards,
Oaky

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1392
nah the eject issue is not related to the lense. it's pretty much all seperate parts, you have a mechanical tray system it's a square box with a cradel in most cases. in this box the cradel works like a dumb waiter, a worm gear loweres and raises it when lowered the cd is lowred onto the drive motor, the lazer moves innto reading location and reads the disc, in reverse order the disc can be ejected. with all these motors the cheap way to tell the system to stop trying to eject is to have the tray move all the way in one direction , bump a switch and stop, over time the switches wear out become stuck or one comes ajar and starts a continuos eject loop or reverse where u can't eject. ether way if you have no attachement to the radio and have the ability to replace it then that would be the best soloution. a new radio is usualy more powerful, hassle free, has more options for ipods, cd formats, sat radio, just all around a whole new world of options so if you can do it replacing it with a after market is the best soloution.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us