OT: Marc

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 891
hey marc,

i am going to Ireland and i am leaving on tuesday the 29th. i was wondering if you could give me some advice on where to go and where not to go.

anyone who has been there for that matter. any advice is much appreciated.

thanks in advance

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 901
bump for marc

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17561
Hey Daniel, if you pass through any other country and don't mind, can ya pick up a shot glass for me bud? I collect them. Marc already hooked me up with Ireland. I'll gladly pay you for it plus shipping. In advance if you want.

If not no worries.

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 905
as of right now the plans are to be in ireland - but if i do happen to voyage to another country i will for sure get a shot glass for you

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17564
You are damuddafuckinman.

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 910
ttt

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4153
well. Have fun. Dublin is cool to see, Guiness factory tour is worth a stop. Also, temple bar area. Trinity college, Grafton street and Stephens green. For night life, stick to tourist type bars, The nags head is one of the oldest in Ireland. After the bars close, jump in a cab, and tell him to take you to a disco. After the disco closes, jump into a cab and go to leasson Street. They be open till 6 am.
If you go out of dublin, the ring of Kerry is a nice drive. The west offers Galway. And my favorite parts are Sligo and Donegal. Clare is nice to drive around. La Hinge has a nice old town. Realy, you cant go wrong where ever you go.
The North has nothing to offer, and would suggest not even going there. The rabe you with the Euro/Sterling rate. and are very snooty.

If your staying at B&b's, i suggest going to ones that have bars atached. The always have a lively nightlife, plus you wont have to drive after getting plastered.

The motorways are pretty decent over there now, so its easy to get around, but to see some of the old Ireland, drive on the B roads if time permits.

Newgrange in Meath is cool, if you like magolithic sites

Vid link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcmNDyZLQ1g

Also there are a lot of other things to do and see.

Lastly, be careful at night in any of the citys. The crime rate is pretty bad. Dont go walking around by yourself drunk in shady parts. Also, dont keep anything visable in your rental car, and park in pay garages. in large crowds, watch out for pick pockets. Keep your passport in a safe place, as well as cash.
Crime doesnt take a vacation.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 835
NICE MARC!

Makes me wanna check Ireland out!

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 911
thanks for all of the advice. i am going to do some reasearch into the places you have recommended.

my aunt and uncle said kilkenny was there favorite town - did you go there?

i also want to go to the blarney castle and i was thinking about going to belfast but i am now reconsidering because you said north was pointless

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 912
donegal is somewhat north right?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4155
Kilkenny is nice. I stayed at a nice B&B near there last year, The horse and hound inn, Ballinaboola, Foulksmills, Co, Wexford.

And about the north, The Irish people are very nice. They invited the English into the north, and they liked it so much they decided to stay.

If you go to Blarney castle, get some Mead to drink.

In the north, is the marble arch caves, the giants causeway, and the rope bridge thing. its ok. But being Irish I never considered the north Ireland. When I did go to the north, it was just to cut thru to get to Sligo, or Donegal, So i cant say if its good or not, IDK.

Other caves are in clare, the Alliwee caves.

South of Dublin is powers court and glendalogh falls. There is a lot to see over there. it all depends on what your time frame is like. In galway is the cliffs of moar, and in donegal is slieves leauge, the highest cliffs in Europe.
In dublin Pheonix park, the liffy, O'connell street,. They have these tour busses that bring you around to all the most popular ones.

I myself like it out in the rural areas. Finding little out of the way towns and villages.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2263
And dont forget about the legal codiene

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 913
thanks for all of the help marc - it is much appreciated

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 916
hey marc - did you rent a car online or go to the car terminal and rent once you got there?

thanks

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 917
i cant even rent a car - i am told you have to be 25 years old

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4159
yea, i rent online.
I sometimes use this company, but then compare with expedia and travolocity ect..

http://www.novacarhire.com/car-hire/Ireland/

Also, if you use a gold mastercard, you can save on the insurance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us