Need 1200-1500watts @2 ohms

Username: 1ndatrunk

Tre4, NC USA

Post Number: 5
I have a TREO SSI 15d4 and I need an amp that can give me around this range @2ohms. I'm not rich so please try to keep the price as low as possible. What do you guys think of the CRUNCH PZI 2000? Will they do at least 1000@2 or are they trash? The price is nice

Bronze Member
Username: Neptune07

Grand Junction/Golden, CO

Post Number: 99
that sub can handle 750 rms so you don't need 1000w power. try a hifonics bxi 1208d if you are on a budget. should put out at least 800 rms @ 2 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5413
jbl gto1201.1

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3699
hifonics wont put out nearly that much power. i'd look into a crossfire vr1000 thats more than enough and those are rated at 2 ohms at 12 volts.

the cisco kid

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
just out of curiousity cisco have you ever owned a hifonics amp?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3700
yes. bxi1605.

the cisco kid

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
aight cool. was that before maxxsonics took over the company?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3701
nope. i dont know when they took over but it was still a max amp

the cisco kid

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3769
"i'd look into a crossfire vr1000 thats more than enough and those are rated at 2 ohms at 12 volts."

The Crossfire VR1000D is 1ohm stable at 12.5v

Take a look at

Kicker ZX750.1
Kicker ZX1000.1
Kicker ZX1500.1
Phoenix Gold RSd1200.1

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
i heard hifonics amps were more reliable before max took over, is there any truth to that rumor?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8396
At one point in time Hifonics amps were beastly and they still are but you just have to look into their higher end amps which most people who trash talk about Hifonics wouldn't know since they either A. Can't afford them or B.Have no use for such powerful amps. Look into SPL competitors setups and you'll see that Hifonics amps can and do kick azz.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5427
Boom3r, that's a fact.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7989
With hifoncis the XX series are good quality, the Brutus are budget not great, and the Zxi are just plain crap.

And then theres the power ratings. I've seen Brutus and XX series amps benched and they are all overrated.

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
its good to hear arguments from both sides cuase when i first bought my BXi 1206D i was only told that i bought an overrated budget amp and they were even more unreliable beign produced by maxxsonics. but i have had it for well over 2 years and its still doin its thang. intstalled it all myself cause my first set up was installed by best buy and i fried a couple audiobahns in less than a year (which might actually be longer than they usually last lol)

so M.S. the brutus may be slightly overrated but my amp does a great job of pushing my type r's to their capabilities. if they are indeed "budget" amps then i'd have to say you definitely get your money's worth

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8011
People call them budget amps b/c they are cheap but have higher failure rates than most amps. Sounds like you got a good one though, thats good.

BTW they are overrated more than a little. In the range of 20-30% depending on the amp, so don't expect to see anything over 950w out of a 1206d.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5429
something i can say about them is that they're not as efficient as we might want.

I did an install in a CRV, stock alt is like 80-90A and just pushing one L7 voltage is dropping to 10.9V :S

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8423
"something i can say about them is that they're not as efficient as we might want.

I did an install in a CRV, stock alt is like 80-90A and just pushing one L7 voltage is dropping to 10.9V :S"

Is this during the day with no other accessories running? If so, that's pretty bad lol and you need to do something about it.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8014
Yeah, IDK if you can blame the amp for that, I don't think other amps would do a whole lot better.

Sounds to me like a seriously lacking electrical system.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5436
M.S i agree with both posts, car has no accesories at all... just a brand new battery and 1k rms, it has stock speakers so, no current draw over there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us