Treo or Massive?

Username: 1ndatrunk

Tre4, NC USA

Post Number: 1
What would you guys choose as far as spl, 1 treo ssi15 or a massive cw stage2 15? both in ported 30hz enclosures with about 1500watts to spare? Which will get louder? This is in a Cadillac Fleetwood trunk. I was thinking firing forward sealed off. B I've heard that you're one of the TREO experts on here so if you read this please help

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 793
Never heard the Massive.... But I can vouch for the Treo... I would have no problems with running Treo subs again! SSI or the SSX...
Treo gets my vote

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3177
If your amp is 1500rms both of those subs will be overpowered. The SSI could probably take it but if i remember correctly the CW2 is only 600 or 700rms.

The treo SSI is a great overall sounding sub for sql. Ive never heard the Massive CW2 but the DMX2 is an SPL machine. Quad 1ohm is kinda cool too.

Tre4, NC USA

Post Number: 2
Yeah I'd be overpowering both these subs but I'd use my gain to compensate for the subs lack of power handling. W7s are also sql and in my opinion get insanely loud. How does the TREO compare to a 13W7 in spl? 15 vs 13.5? I had the 12 version of the W7 and it was more than enough for daily on the same MTX1501d. Thanks guys for your insite

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3183
The W7 is a better sub than the Treo but its also 2x the money.

Look into an RD Audio Alpha, i think they are around 1500rms and would thump pretty hard.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14037
have worked with 12" & 15" ssi recently ...very nice subs , but if ur more concerned about spl why not tune a bit higher like 34-35hz ...sounds really good around this freq range ...

oh btw B has not been on this forum in a long while .....

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 802
I would get 2- 15" treo ssx's over 13.5w7's all day long...

Admittingly i'm biased..

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 598
I have a Treo SSi 12.22 on 1200wrms and its sql is awsome. Gets pretty loud for a single 12" subwoofer. My box is tuned to 32 Hz also.

Tre4, NC USA

Post Number: 8
Thank you guys for the advice. Rovin the only reason I was tuning so low was because I read about B's install and he said his box was tuned to 27 or so and still got pretty loud. Since you just did some work with this sub what do you think I could expect spl wise with one on 1200 watts? Mid 40s maybe?

Tre4, NC USA

Post Number: 9
Also would the two Treo ssi 12s my friend is getting be louder than the four L5 10s he had in his Chevelle? It was a loud install but it was a little too punchy for my taste.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3195
A single 12" tuned that low with 1200rms probably wont do mid 140s... Maybe with tones depeneding on the install.

I has 2 SSi 10s sealed hitting 138s on music.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3678
i have no experience with either but i thought the ssi was an sq based sub so i don't see mid 40's happening. low 40's may be attainable but you are also running this out of a trunk of a huge car. keep that in mind.

the cisco kid

Tre4, NC USA

Post Number: 10
Yeah that is a problem( the trunk is too big) do you guys know how I can get good spl numbers in that size car? Its one 15 Jake not a 12 but I do see what you're saying. If your 2 10s hit 138 on music Shouldn't I be able to see at least 142 on music? Is that on the new termlab? Thats impressive for sql 10s

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3199
That was in an SUV with a JL 1000/1 on each. More power, more airflow.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us