New job??????

Silver Member
Username: Rds2oo8

MN

Post Number: 262
i turned 18 in april and as of now i work at aeropostle about 2 days a week 7 bucks an hour i was wondering if you guys had any good ideas for jobs that pay more than 7 an hour thanks for the input cuz the sooner i get a better paying job the sooner ill get my 15" BTL

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2008
Id love to get $7 an hour. Right now I only make $5.85.

As far as another job, that depends strictly where you live. Different locations contain different jobs that pay different amounts. Just hunt around. Ask your friends where they work at. Find someplace local that does something that you're interested in.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2694
wait tables. I average 15 an hour at cracker barrel

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

Post Number: 140
Become a prostitute.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2247
Warehouses usually pay at least $9/hr and up. Easy work too.

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Mid town, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 941
oil field

Username: Blue1ce

Post Number: 4
minimum wage goes up to 6.55 7/24 :-)

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2483
A good way to get a job is through people you know. For example: I could probably get a job being a security guard at the mall I work at because I know all the security gaurds(which pays like $10/hr). I'm not really the security guard type, though. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 639
atleast your not working at orange julius

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2484
You're just jealous because DQ/OJ won't hire beans.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 796
ROFL^^

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

Olney, IL US

Post Number: 950
exactly what stavenmist said, it's all about exploiting your resources. in high school i worked in a mechanics garage at a car dealership because my dad knew the owner of the dealership. some people might call that cheating, but really it's just being smart and playing to your strong hand. i only made 8 bucks an hour, but learned a ton of things that help me out all the time.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 263
ight yeah cuz im tryin 2 get something with better pay and more hours cuz yeah its not even paying for the gas i use 2 get 2 the mall which is like 5 mins away im thinkin try fed ex theyre hiring here in minnesota 2-7am bad hours n its ben in the paper for weeks so i might have 2 jump on that seein as how no one else has

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2251
I worked at FedEx. Same shift as that,2-7 part time. They start out at $11/hr. If its just loading trucks its not too bad but it can get backed up and you do get some heavy sh*t.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8367
"They start out at $11/hr. If its just loading trucks its not too bad but it can get backed up and you do get some heavy sh*t."

Around here Fedex starts at $9.75.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1740
Try a bank or Credit Union, you DO NOT need to go to school like some people believe, it helps though, but you just have to be very people friendly!

I work at a Credit Union and I will be nearing the $18.5/hr mark in 8 days, heck I'm even at work as I type this...lol

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 264
damn i want ur job mike haha

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17538
You guys have no idea. I'm a single parent and need no less than $24/hr just to pay the bills.

Let alone money for fun stuff. Jersey sucks when it comes to cost of living.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1384
X2 ^ pauly, i'm in jersey as you know and i made 10.01 for over a year it barely left money for fun. at 11 with overtime at my last job before layoff i got 11 and that just kept me in the happy medium zone. around here your average at 10 bucks starting is pretty easy to find, i got a interview with shoprite on thurs and even when i walked around the store stocking started at 10 bucks a hr. the best advice if u want money, banks, non mall related retail, factories are all willing to pay. malls as i was saying offer min wage not much more.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 265
bump

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3061
10.90 working for Dell, or a temp agency that staffs Dell actually, 40-80 hours a week depending on sales. right now is nearing the end of the quarter, so that means at least 70 hour weeks. time and a half for overtime.

Permanent employees get paid 12/hour, and double time for over time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us