I Need Some New Songs

Silver Member
Username: Silvermopar

Nebraska

Post Number: 133
I have always been a fan of rock from 70's and 80's but recently I have gotten a taste for modern rock(ish) music. Anyhow I'm wanting to hear what some of you like. Many of todays songs suk IMO but I like a few songs from 3 Doors Down (Kryptonite, Not My Time) Anyhow I would like some more songs along that line of music... Rock but not screaming in words I can not understand.

Bronze Member
Username: Snacks

Quincy, Florida USA

Post Number: 18
anything by Carnifex or Whitechapel :D

Bronze Member

Quincy, Florida USA

Post Number: 19
it'll give your subs a sweet workout.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 792
EDITED

sixx am- LIfe is beuatiful
atreau- syightly heavier
nickleback
7 mary 3
creed
Fuel
Sevendust- slightly heaver
Hinder
Trapped
Chevelle
avenged sevenfold- heavier
Stained
godsmack
Ra
thousand foot crutch
P.O.D.
Saliva
Papa Roach
All American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Sublime

I'm into the heavier sh!t like
tool <---- The Sh!t
Metallica
In Flames--<---the sh!t
slipknot
Sevendust
Pantera
Disturbed
ROb Zombie
Trivium
Korn <--- The Sh!t
Mudvayne
Down
Hell Yeah!
A Perfect Circle <---The Sh!t
CLUTCH <--- The Sh!t
Rage Against The Machine
Rise Against
Deftones
Mushroomhead

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2248
The Darkness!!

/thread

Silver Member

Post Number: 794
If you have the capabilities to download vids and play them through your home A/V theater.. Then download any one of the Porcupine Tree full length Concerts and give it a shot... Incredable SQ and very good underground rock!

Silver Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 134
No offence to you all but... IMO those songs suk. I think I will stick to... Aerosmith, AC-DC, Bad Company, Foreigner, Mellencamp, Rush, The Cars, Tom Petty, White Snake, ZZ Top, and the others along that line of music, Maby you guys dont consider them rock. Anyhow, thanks for the effort.

Silver Member

Post Number: 798
if you like 3 doors down then a bunch of what I listed in the upper portion of my post should fit the bill.

sorry for wasting your time...and mine for that matter

Bronze Member

Quincy, Florida USA

Post Number: 21
get Whitechapel's The Somatic Defilement album. its like making your subs run a marathon and its groovy as tits.

Bronze Member
Username: Neptune07

Grand Junction/Golden, CO

Post Number: 83
so you ask for songs closely related to 3 doors down, then Mark gives you a great list of artists that are about as close as you can get to 3 doors down, and you say

"No offence to you all but... IMO those songs suk. I think I will stick to... Aerosmith, AC-DC, Bad Company, Foreigner, Mellencamp, Rush, The Cars, Tom Petty, White Snake, ZZ Top, and the others along that line of music, Maby you guys dont consider them rock. Anyhow, thanks for the effort."

well no offense but you have some old @$$ ears. either start marking your posts OT or do us a favor and don't post at all

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21806
steely dan.

donald fagen - morph the cat <<<===this album will blow you away.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4359
X2^^^

Like Mark said, Clutch is the shit and have that 70's vibe you are looking for. Their best cd is called Blast Tyrant and is awesomeness. Also check out Spiritual Beggars - Ad Astra, which is in my opinion the best stoner-rock cd of the last twenty years, maybe ever. To branch out a little into modern rock check out the cd The Odyssey by a band called Symphony X.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

Olney, IL US

Post Number: 951
I think the problem is you've narrowed your taste a little too much. The bands you listed are what i would consider classic rock, and that is now an almost lost form of music. Just like hip-hop has now been over run by rap, classic rock has been taken over by new age rock, hints the word classic in it. of course those bands are rock bands, everyone knows that, but the definition of a "rock" band has changed extremely since those bands were in their glory days. I love almost every band you mentioned in your run off, but you have to realize that music has moved in new direction.

If you really want some good new rock with a classic basis, I beg you to check out Wolfmother. IMO, they are one of the only bands out there almost single handedly keeping that style of music alive now days, minus classic rock stations on the radio. They have been compared to classic rock bands, but more along the lines of Led Zepplin and Deep Purple. This is not to say that they are even close to the quality or popularity of those bands, but they're still the first cd i put in when i want to hear some good rock and roll, and don't want to listen to a cd from the 70's and 80's that i've heard a million times. I urge you to check them out. maybe you'll like them, maybe you won't, but it can't hurt to take a listen.

Also, IMO 3 Doors Down isn't anywhere close to they style of rock that classifies the bands that you mentioned, maybe saying those bands that you like will help some other people find you something more suited to your taste.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

Olney, IL US

Post Number: 952
by the way, their cd is self titled.

if you dont want to download the whole cd, i suggest:

Dimension
White Unicorn
Where Eagles Have Been
Joker & The Thief
Colossal
Mind's Eye

The last 3 mentioned are probably my favorite tracks.

Silver Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 135
I appologize, if I came off sounding rude. I appriciate all the help you guys have been, especialy with reccomending what subs and amps to buy. Due to the number of reccomended bands I just went to youtube and Picked their top rated songs, I didn't listen to all of them... I dont have time to try out that many lol. Thanks Gavin, those were some decent songs.
Once again, My Appologies to anyone who I may have offended.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us