Sub pointed to the front of the car??

Bronze Member
Username: Spads8

Post Number: 15
i heard in a forum here that if u point them toward the front of the car itll sound a little better would it work in a buick regal

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9945
Theres really no way to know without trying it. It should lessen the trunk rattle or get rid of it totally depending if the seats fold down and you seal the box off from the trunk.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
itll probly still rattle cuz my seat dont fold

Gold Member

Post Number: 9947
correction....I meant to say it might lessen the trunk rattle a little if the box was firing forward compared to say up. As far as stopping the trunk rattle totally you could if you fire into the cab and totally sealed it off from the trunk.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2004
Sean is correct.
You never know the correct way to fire everything in a car without testing it all first.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 783
sound deadner in trunk will fix the rattle and inprove sound

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
i dont got the money for sound deadening and i really dont care about the rattle cuz u can only hear it out side the car

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
i was thinking of getting a memphis amp from a guy i no its 1000 watts dont no the rms but hes selling it for $100 would it be a good idea to run my TMA subs from it

Gold Member

Post Number: 9954
What is a tma sub? What ohm voice coil is it? is it dual or single coil? And what year buick regal do you have? That amp is a great deal if its the Memphis Audio 16-ST1000D and id say pick it up if its in good shape but we need to check out those other questions as well to see what power youll get out of it.

Heres the power it puts out at various ohms.

* 300 watts into 4 ohms
* 600 watts into 2 ohms
* 1100 watts into 1 Ohm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
its a total mobile audio sub it a company made by jl and i have 2 single 12" and the buick is a 93. i dont no if its a 16-st1000d but the guy said its in good condition.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 805
TMA is made by JL audio.... The VC configurations on them are a weird # like 3.2 ohms.. single or dual. Are yours single or dual VC? That amp is too much for those subs.... you would have to cut it bsck drastically

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
it a single but a guy on here told me that i needed 500 watts rms a 2 ohms and this amp put out 600 at 2 ohms

Gold Member

Post Number: 9971
You have about a 100 amp max stock alternator in that car and your vehicle will use some of that to run its basic needs. If that amp is the Memphis Audio 16-ST1000D I would pick it up. Its probably better than the amp you have now but just to make sure what are you running now. As far as the tma sub if its the T12S4P they are only rated 150 rms and you could put the memphis amp on it but you would have to keep the amp gain low at say 200 rms set with a digital multimeter and no bass boost and you wouldnt gain anything spl wise that you could hear (loudness wise) but the amp would be a good investment for the future if you plan on upgrading your sub.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOTAL-MOBILE-AUDIO-12-SUBWOOFER-150W-NEW-T12S4P_W0QQitemZ250 270680711QQihZ015QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Chevyfan502

AQ HDC315Elemental De...

Post Number: 130
just to comment on trunk rattle...i used to have a "temporary" install (it was temporary but ghetto) in a 94 olds eighty eight; took the back seat out and put my 5-ish cu. ft. box with two DD2512's on a nine.1 back there...back seat did not fold down....soul survivor by jeezy/akon made the trunk move up and down like a half inch lol...point is subs werent in the trunk and it still rattled the piss outta it..

Gold Member

Post Number: 9974
You didnt have the trunk sealed off thats why.

Silver Member
Username: Chevyfan502

AQ HDC315Elemental De...

Post Number: 131
good point...my bad lol...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
if i do get it how would i tune it to 200w with out a meter

Gold Member

Post Number: 9991
http://www.blazerforum.com/m_66322/tm.htm

http://www.caraudio911.com/tutorials/GainSet/voltage.htm

heres a tutorial I copied from the link above along with a voltage caculator listed in that thread.

Three things are needed to accurately set your gain on your amplifier using a digital multi-meter. This is a great way to set your gain so you are not sending a clipped signal to your speakers.

First thing - Decent DMM with ability to test for AC current.
Second thing - Test tone CD or CD with 50 hz multiple times on it.(easiest way is to just download it a bunch of times, or just copy it in the folder on your PC.
Third thing is your amplifier output voltage you can calculate it here on this easy calculator. All you need is the power (RMS) that your amplifier puts out, and the reistance at shich it does it. ex. 500 watts at 2 ohms

Set all of your Head Units contols to zero,(like bass, treble, any bass enhancements)
Turn your gain on your amplifer down to zero.

Set your DMM to AC
Connect your DMM to speaker outputs on the Amplifier (using + and - terminals on your amp and your DMM)
Put the Test tone cd in your HU and turn to 3/4 volume (or about as loud as you will listen to it.)
Now turn your gain up slowly until you reach your output voltage found earlier.

If you want to add those bass enhancements and such, when you find your correct gain setting, turn it back down some, that way you do not send unclean power to your amp and then onto your speakers.

(something he didnt comment on)....You shouldnt use bass boost but if you must use very little and cut back on the amplifier gain setting.

28.3 volts would give you 200 watts at 4 ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
thanx sean ill try it out but i gotta find a 50hz test tone and ill try my shitty dmm

Gold Member

Post Number: 9998
Your welcome. Heres a link to a 50 hz tone. Just make it into a wave file and burn it onto a cd.

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/audio/50hz.mp3
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us