CHAD LEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Evildoughboy08

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 84
ok so you're getting the whining noise(or you were at least from the looks of it)

i am too, have NO IDEA how to get rid of it, how to ground my power cables or anything.

could you possibly let me know?
aim-luc4s r1ch

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

James Carrol is the re...

Post Number: 1211
Heres an idea- Make one thread instead of two so you don't bump a thread that might actually have usefull information in it to the archives.

Bronze Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 86
phil thats not the answer i was looking for at all, but thanks for at least trying you're hardest. =]

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 1984
As i said earlier today, even the new people are trying to get smart.

Make one thread, please.

Bronze Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 87
ok, just because im in a good mood right now i'll say this,

what makes you so much better than me exactly, Nick?
is it the fact that you havent had a life since lets see... Mar-07?

because all you do is go to work, come home and sit at your computer and buy car audio and look it up online? and you don't have friends to hangout with and go out with so you buy car audio because you have now begun to look for some compassion back from inanimate objects because no one else will?

because if that's the reason just tell me so that i can put another tally in the win section for me, and if its NOT the reason you're so much better than me, than PLEASE explain it to me, because i like to keep track of where my arguments with bigmouths go.

thanks =]

Bronze Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 88
that goes for everyone else who thinks this is an online club that you are better than people when you are a diamond, gold or silver member.

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 341
Nope.

more posts=more brains (its science)

p.s. you forgot platinum members

Bronze Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 89
thank you kevin,

that at least helps me somewhat.

p.s.- i faile science lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1213
Lucas theres a problem with your argument. You say people who have been here a while have no life yet you are asking them for help? That's not going to help them give you an answer when you are being a dick.
Anyway no one said anyone was better than anyone so I'm not sure why you are asking that question.

As you begin to learn more about car audio you will learn that the first step to solving/answering your problem is to try a search first. There are numerous articles about alternator whine available on the net.
One of my pet peeves is when people create a new thread just to ask a question like "how many watts will my sub take?" when all they would have to do is search in google and find out in ~10 seconds.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10060
Your an idiot Lucas. You suck at arguing. And btw, its failed*

Good luck getting help from someone else :-)

Bronze Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 91
ok, despite my short fused temper, and various insults from everyone about it,

i've decided to suck it up (no pun intended) and do what i usually do, and that is what phil suggested: google it.

well i did, and i found out that there may be various, and it that alt whine is one of the most aggrevating, time consuming, and annoying problems to fix.

1) pioneer HU's are known for alt whine(???)
2) the ground could be bad for 2 amps that are using the wattage i'm at.
3) my alt may not be generating a big enough current that my amps want to take from it.

etc, etc.

anyways i guess what im asking is which one do you think it is and what would anyone suggest i do to fix it, because i'm running into all these problems online with reading how other people have problems with it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1214
Lucas thanks for doing that. No sarcasm intended.

Yes unfortunately Pioneer HUs sometimes have this problem(i myself have never experienced it) but it is easily fixable. Grounding the Rca outputs is one way to fix it.
Try this. Turn the car on accesory and see if you still have noise. If so then it will most likely be the amp grounds need to be moved.
if not then turn the car on and rev the engine does the noise get louder when the engine revs? If so try moving the RCAs away from anything electrical. If not then ground the RCA outputs on the HU.

Bronze Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 93
the thing is that i DO still have the noise when the car is in accessory, though not as loud obviously.

i've suspected that my ground is bad all along, but i can't find a new one, and i can't remember what it is exactly you would use to take off paint (paint remover duhh). nvm. yeah my ground is attatched to arm that is on the roof of my trunk, not the actual trunk arm, but a support arm on the INSIDE of the trunk.

that is probably connected to the chassis badly... but yeah it makes the noise anyways whenth e car is in accessory.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1989

quote:

what makes you so much better than me exactly, Nick?

Who said I was better than you? You are the only one assuming that. So I guess that means you admit that I am better than you after all?

quote:

is it the fact that you havent had a life since lets see... Mar-07?

So now the month I joined a forum (that you are asking help for in three dfferent threads) makes me have no life? Sorry, but that is an ignorant argument, and you are only making yourself look worse than you already have.

quote:

because all you do is go to work, come home and sit at your computer and buy car audio and look it up online? and you don't have friends to hangout with and go out with so you buy car audio because you have now begun to look for some compassion back from inanimate objects because no one else will?

I actually do alot more than that, and I have a ton of friends where I live, and here. thanks for your concern, though. Car Audio is my hobby, and you are being a hypocrite for trying to turn "looking up car audio online" into an insult. Once again, you are only making yourself look worse.

quote:

because if that's the reason just tell me so that i can put another tally in the win section for me, and if its NOT the reason you're so much better than me, than PLEASE explain it to me, because i like to keep track of where my arguments with bigmouths go.

I really don't think this is a win for you. And I'm pretty sure everyone else will agree.

I think you can tally this argument up as a big FAIL for you :-)

Upload

P.S: Please keep your questions in one thread, and not spam other's.

Thanks,
Nick V

Silver Member
Username: Silvermopar

Nebraska

Post Number: 130
Pretty Picture lol, Lots of Work for a Sony System. If you still have problems with "whining of your stero" you might try a Choke Coil. I dont know a lot about them but they are designed to eliminate noise produced by the alternator, you might look them up.

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 498
OMG!! The next reality TV show! ""Forum Thread"" Who can talk Shiiittt!! about who??? I wonder why I quit coming here??!!??!! !!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1990
Because...Yousodumm?

Bronze Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 95
im not sure i understand the 7200 watts of fail thing, but if you're showing off amplifier power, good for you i guess...

bad quality in big quantity does end up nice i guess...

anyways if you're going to help then do it, if not maybe...

"Heres an idea- Make one thread instead of two so you don't bump a thread that might actually have usefull information in it to the archives"
-phil.

p.s. leave out the one thread instead of two.

how's this: just stop posting on this thread if you're going to criticize how new people suck, its not helping, thanks!

now, phil: could i just take my premier to the local audio shop and have them repair it if the fuse inside is blown, or would it be better if i did it myself?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1216
If the fuse was blown then the HU wouldn't power on at all.

Try moving the RCAs from thier current position.

If that doesen't work then you can try this.
http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?t=40067

Bronze Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 97
phil if you were a chic, i would totally buy you a drink and kiss you, no matter HOW ugly you would be

i did the same thing that link that you sent told me and my alt nosie is gone completely,and for anyone else out there who is having alt whine problems, do that, and it will work (96.375231% of the time)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us