4 8" ported bandpass box opinion...

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3138
One of my friends got 6 of the ED 8s when they were on sale and has 4 of them left for his single cab trunk project. Sounds easy enough...right? Wrong.

He wants them ported BUT he doest want to be able to see the subs what so ever so he can put things ontop of the box. I thought downfire but then ive also been looking into 4th order reflex enclosures. So heres my 3 options...

A. A normal ported downfiring box.

B. A three chamber single reflex bandpass :-)
Upload
Upload
Upload

C. A three chamber Isobaric reflex bandpass :-):-):-)
Upload
Upload
Upload

The subs would be clamshelled in C.

Bronze Member
Username: Beamerboy46350

LaPorte, IN United States

Post Number: 68
Id go with B. because ive had great luck with bandpass boxes that were built right

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3139
Thanks Keith. The shop is tossing the numbers into winisd right now and it looks if i do a bandpass it will be C. They are reading a ~+3dB jump from 34-39hz and ~+2dB from 40-44hz. Then it evens out until 67hz where it starts to dive. Im worried about the 8s tho i dont know if they can keep up with 30hz beatings all day long.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3143
Box builders help... Ive never done a bandpass this way so if you have any tips they are welcome!

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21790
trust yourself jake. what does your heart tell you?

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3146
My heart tells me to play it safe and do the downfire, saying its not for my car but a friends. However i REALLY want to try the bandpass iso.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9949
Tell your friend the risks with the possible gain and if he says ok I say do the bandpass and set the crossover to filter out 33 or 34 hz depending how they sound. These are cheap subs anyway he wont lose much if they blow.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us