OT:-Odd situation

Username: Loudnproud

Post Number: 8
ok, kinda a weird situataion here. I'm looking at buying something from someone on another forum, but...he wants me to send the money to someone on THIS forum. Says he owes it to the guy.
Normally, I wouldn't even think about it, but...he said he will send the item to me FIRST, then I can send the money to the other guy. SO, I will have the item in my possession BEFORE I send any money off.
Still seems kinda wierd.
Any opinions?

oh and PS, its not a LOT of money anyway...less than $100

Post Number: 9
lol, didnt know that : and O togethe make :-O

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10050
Who does he want you to send the money to on here?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8354
Sounds like a ladder scam.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
rather not say who, seeing as I dont really know too many people on here yet.....and how can it be a SCAM? I'll have the thing BEFORE I send the money.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2462
x2 rob doesn't sound like a "pyramid" or "ladder" scam but it sounds like a scam to me.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10052
Loud N Proud, I understand you haven't been here long but I can assure you that almost everyone on here is a legit person outside of here as well and would never scam anyone. I personally would trust almost all of the members on here, and any of the regulars. If you tell us who it is, then I'm sure that someone will be able to tell you to trust them or not.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Ok, well he said to contact Paul Larrea(?), not sure about the spelling there. Anyway he says he owes Paul from a good while back.

Still, I'm having second thoughts...maybe I should just say screw it.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10053
Hmm. Well first off, Pauly is arguably the nicest person on this forum and wouldn't scam anyone, no matter the amount of money. I would feel comfortable sending Paul $1000+ before he shipped the item because he is that trustworthy.

Can I ask the name of the person on the other forum? Is it Wolfman? Or someone with with 2 8" RE subs?

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 688
wolfman?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8360
Well, if you do make any sort of payment make sure it's through a money order or C.O.D. Don't trust him to say paypal or anything like that.

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 870
ive dealt with paul and definately would again

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
wolfman? dont know about that name, but I do remember seeing a vid he posted about some 8 inch subs.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4141
I would send paul the cash in a new york second. Paul and Scam dont go together.
Like the dude says, get your item then send paul the cash. He has been screwed by a few ppl due to his trusting kindness.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6355
if it was me, i'd take wolfmans' subs and never send the money. screw him, pos scammer.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14020
ur safe with forum daddy paul .....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
im not buying any subs.....lol, its a digital camera.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6356
oh, thought you said subs for some reason. so he's selling the camera he stole from paul, to pay him back the money he owes for it. what a piece of shi_t. but i guess if it helps paul out then it's good. just make sure you check that camera out good when you get it first.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17498
"ur safe with forum daddy paul ...

No doubt. Thanks guys. Means alot.

Loud-N-Proud: If you are "Wolfman", and I don't care if you are, I've forgiven that debt a long time ago. Keep the camera or not. I don't care. I don't need the money. What I need is for you to correct yourself and do the right thing. If you go to church give it to them. If not donate it to your local youth baseball league.

That is all.

Signed:

Forum Daddy.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6316
paul is the sh;t

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
First...I am not this wolfman guy, don't even know him as wolfman.
however, since the camera is stolen, i dont want to have anything to do with it.

I'll send him a message about what you said Paul, hopefully..he'll do the right thing.

You're a bigger man than me, I'd hold a grudge against him if it was me.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 1970
What forum is this on?

Isn't that the camera that he broke right after he got it?

He still owes me $20 lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17499
What I remember is him saying that he dropped it and the battery door snapped off.

I sent the camera to him b4 payment on good faith he would follow up with it. My choice. He probably never had the money to start with and had to explain to his wife (at the time) that he had to come up with it. I'm guessing it sparked an argument and put him in a bad spot.

Now a year later and divorced I'm assuming he's trying to tie up some loose ends. That's a good thing however sadly that camera today just isn't going to sell. It's a 3 mega pixel Kodak. You can get 7 mega pixel cams for a tad more than what I "sold" it to him for. A pawn shop might give him $20?

I too am interested in what forum he's on and what he goes by. I've only known him as either Michael or Wolfman.

**Finding epic pic**

Found it lol.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1900
So lemme get this right...

Wolfman is reselling the camera he stole from Paul to another member on this forum and using that Payment to send to paul for stealing it in the first place.

This deal will actually work as Paul will get his money back and wolfman will have cleared the debt and be without the camera still...

Ultimately it is reversing the event that happened a year ago. Going through with it LoudNProud?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17503
"Wolfman is reselling the camera he stole from Paul to another member on this forum and using that Payment to send to paul for stealing it in the first place."

Not on this forum but another. And using the term "stole" is a harsh word. He didn't break into my house and walk off with it. I sent it to him with the understanding that he was getting paid at a later date and would send payment then. One thing led to another and 6 months goes by and because of the forces that be it ends with me just letting it go. I made a judgment call. End of story.

Now we have this. If I get anything from Wolfman as restitution on this debt it will go towards some kind of charity or community effort.

I've written this off and if he clears his name with me even as late as it may be all is good.

Anyone see the movie "Castaway"?

Late is always better than never.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1901
Stole actually is a correct term in that scamming is a criminal act and cyber-theft is the real deal.

However so be it if Paul does not want the money - I just find that its nice that Wolf is clearing the debt that was done away with nearly a year ago or however long it has been.

His rep is forever tarnished, yet he shows his real character by fixing what was said as written off long ago.

Props wolf for making it right.

LoudNProud - buy the camera if you still want it - It is not a registered stolen object. It was just involved in a shady dealing done on this forum a while ago. You will not be @ fault for receiving that item. Nor will anyone be in trouble. Just a scam from long ago will be reversed.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17505
Correct. The camera isn't a "hot" item. It's a very good camera with all packaging and install cds. I sent it to Wolfman just about brand new. Only thing would be to check the battery lid.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2186
Hmmmmm, photoshop anyone???? I can feel it coming hehe.

Kevin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us