Ot: Anyone here a webmaster?

Silver Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 294
so im trying to get my site up and running, but i have like zero html skills. anyone here know what they are doing when it comes to this that could help me out?

it's just one little problem im having, linking pages together.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7964
heres my website

:-)

http://illuzonemu.servegame.com

and crazydbs.freehostia.com

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 296
well im sure you could help me out if you're interested?

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 1958
I'm pretty good when it comes to web design :-)

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 298
well i've been having a slight problem with dreamweaver. whenever i add a link, it screws up the formatting on my page. everything gets out of line. have any idea why this is happening?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1962
Are you adding a link to a button or what?

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 299
yeah, im just adding a link to an image.

when i add a link in photoshop using the slice select tool, it works fine. so i can link to other sites already on the internet.

but when i have 2 pages i made, and try to link them together in dreamweaver it screws up the page.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1963
Well, when you add a link to an image, it will defualtly try and put a "border=2" in that line of code. What you need to do is change the number to 0.

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 306
ohh i see....ill try that.

also, i think i know who you are. are you the same nick v who made the low-hz site?

because im getting my site hosted through them. if you are, you may see what im working on.

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 307
nowhere right around that button did i see any type of boarder=2. would the code that says boarder=2 be around the same place as the html code for that button is? or should i search the entire code for boarder=2 and change each one to 0 to see if anything good happens?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1965
Search the code for "border="

I'm not sure of the default border number for dreamweaver. If it is not there, insert "border=0" after the link info that is between brackets for every button.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1418
The border=0 code could be either in the table (assuming you're using a table), or it could be the image. There could be a couple things associated with that particular link.

Is there a style sheet (css) or script affecting things? I'd check and make sure there isn't something like that causing your problem.
Then go into the image and add border=0 even if you don't see a border= tag. Try it in a couple places right near the problem link/image until it goes away. If it doesn't and you've tried like 3+ tags then ask back and we'll try and figure something else out.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1419
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us