2-tone W7 box I just finished.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6523
Box for a customer's W7-12.
2cuft tuned to ~35hz...doubled baffle, recessed 1".
Going on an older MTX 81000D.

Pix:

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 329
very nice!

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6334
x2^. ever think about making boxes and selling them online?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6525
I used to sell boxes online.
Had to make alil extra to go to SPL comps :-)

Now I only sell in the shop.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6335
well if you ever decide to start again, let me know. i actually need a box right now. sell me one real cheap and i'll give it a great review and promise to always recommend you for boxes:-)

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 862
that box looks great and you should seriously consider making boxes to sell online

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 311
Looks sharp,Canaan got's some solid install skills!

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

Post Number: 128
well if you ever decide to start again, let me know. i actually need a box right now. sell me one real cheap and i'll give it a great review and promise to always recommend you for boxes

x2

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3122
Theres not really "money" in making sub boxes and selling them online unless you have hookups with shipping and a big shop that can pound boxes out one after another.

Correct me if im wrong canaan, but that box probably took 2-3 hours to make not counting down time waiting for the glue to dry. Its just not worth the time unless you have ALOT of them selling. It will make a few bucks but not enough to make a full business out of it.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3123
The box does look good tho BTW. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Qslimms

Swanton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 170
nice canaan

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2290
Nice job canaan. You have other pic of the box. We all wouldn't mind learning how to big clean boxes like that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6527
This box took a little longer than you would expect. To get the 2-tone look right take a little extra time too. As things are now, I can't just go the back and build a box...I have to come up and work the front when people come in.

I charged $180 for this box. That includes install though.

I also built 2 other boxes this week
One box for a single cab S10...2.75cuft w/ 2 4" flares. Its going to have 2 DD1510D4's on a MM1000.1D. Should be pretty loud :-) The other is 6.5cuft tuned to 38hz for a DD3518d2 in the soundroom.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3124
"I charged $180 for this box. That includes install though."

Not a bad price at all for a local shop. Around here a single 12 sealed box is 155+install, ported is 205+install, sealed 15" is 175+install, and ported is 220+install. Thats all with black or gray carpet to...nothing special.

For my 4 15" upfiring box that was 12cuft and had tan carpet and a tan vinyl cutout they wanted $300+55 bucks an hour and they were guessing it would take 6-8 hours. So it would have easily been over $700 bucks. Scary isnt it...

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

Post Number: 130
This is why I refuse to let a shop from around here build my box Jake.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6528
$155 for a sealed 12" box...ouch.
I charge $120-135 for a 12" ported box depending on the size/shape w/ double baffle.

I did a 4-12 box for $285 awhile back.
Doubled baffle w/ 4" flared ports and wire w/ 8ga. Subs mounted and everything.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1856
That box looks really clean! Props man!

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4136
very nice job

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17480
Mad carpet skills man. You and Rovin set the mark.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14014
very nice ! .....

Silver Member
Username: Bjfish11

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 456
That looks very very nice man.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6532
BJ, I just realized that my prices are pretty much right there w/ yours. You do charge less for additions the the box (slant, double baffle, etc). Your new site is nice BTW.

Its really sad what people in my town pay for substandard boxes. Another local shop is pretty much know as the 'box kings', but people are learning what kind of boxes I build.

That other shop builds the same single 12" box for EVERY subs. 1.85cuft tuned to ~35hz w/ a 3.75"x3.75" port. Doesn't matter it you have a W3, L7, CVR, T2...they do the same box. The port noise is horrible w/ that box w/ any sub over ~500wrms.

I have made quite a few box sells just because people come in and tell me "my box ain't breathing, I think I need a new one." They can hear the port noise, they just don't realize what it actually is. I build em a box and send em on there way.

Did that for a guy w/ 2 Memphis M1's the other day. He said they sound weird, and he wanted to go to just 1 12". I tried to sell him a DD1512, but he went and got an Type R (at least he got a good sub). I dropped it in one of my boxes and it was louder and deeper than those 2 M1's in the other box. Same amp...it was sad.

Silver Member
Username: Bjfish11

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 457
Yea, it is crazy what a some shops can get away with.... LOL.

Thanks for the props on the site, I think Mark did an awesome job on it. We are not completely done with it yet, still have some additions to make to the shop. What we are doing, I have never seen before, so I hope it can be beneficial to everyone. ;)

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3387
A little OT but there was a dude at the local car show last night with a dub7 in a really nice custom fiberglass install, sounded nice too. He didn't want people taking pics for some reason though. I did however sneak a pic of his license plate which i thought was kinda funny.

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us