Rockford Fosgate... bleh

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Southern Georgia, GA United States

Post Number: 1839
So I came up to Idaho from Georgia for three weeks of leave (just got back from Iraq). And I headed up to the audio shop that did some of my install to see if they could help me with my Eclipse Titanium VC.

When I had it installed, they wired my Orion 2500D up for 4 ohm and told me I needed the T30001bd. I just laughed and rewired them.

Now I have an RD 3250.1 pushing them, and it's pretty loud considering I have a sub that's about ready to self destruct.

He tried to sell me the T2. I told him it sounded like sh1t and had TON of mechanical noise. So he wanted me to listen to his "demo car" one of his buddy owned. He claimed it would be plenty louder than my Titaniums with the "under powered amp" that I had.

I laughed at his face when I heard it. The transition sounded like complete @ss, and it only hit certain notes and the mechanical noise was horrible. And even on the few notes it could hit, my stereo with one almost blown sub was still marginally louder....

Buzz Shop in Pocatello Idaho. Steer clear feelas, they've turned dirty :-(.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21755
you are just spoiled with good sound jake. lol

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4671
It is sure funny how most everything nowadays sounds like @ss! Polo..

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2173
Almost every company that says "new model" or "upgraded" usually means built cheaper to make us more money. Sucks that most companies are like that.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Southern Georgia, GA United States

Post Number: 1840
It just blows my mind that someone will sit there and argue me until they're blue in the face that this setup is better than my own. I went there to see if they could help me in my journey, not to get advice :P.

$1,100 for 2 12" T2s?! I can get a set of Alpha's from Kevin for $800 that will be louder and sound a heck of a lot better... Oh, and they're actually durable and customer support is something they take serious.

Some day I'll take my car up there.

I'm venting...

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 839
a friend of the family owns a car audio shop in my home town and i go in there from time to time and BS with them

one of their sales guys always seems to tell me something that makes me laugh

like they can get me a zx2500.1 for $900 and its a great deal - or a lightning audio is a better amp choice than kicker

and a JL W3 sealed on 400 RMS would be louder than my D9 ported on 1000 RMS

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 675
it's always about matter of opinion...everyones entitled to one. Ontop of it they don't make commission on amps/subs u don't buy from them.

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 848
i understand that but i dont think someone should flat out lie to try to sell - thats not a good way to push "quality" products
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us