Leaning towards the HDC3

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2657
I'm really heavily considering two Hdc3 12's on an AQ 2200 but this will be my first install with battery/alt/big 3 upgrades and I want to sound deaden my car and I'd really like to see exactly the money pit I'm digging before I buy the equipment.

I'm driving a 2001 Impala so what would you guys recommend in terms of a HO alt,(I found a 160 amp for $225 on knukonceptz)a battery and how much does dynamat or a similar product cost to cover a car usually?

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 652
Honestly i don't think that 160 amp alt would be enough. maybe 200+ to maintain good voltage. You could look for Hushmat too. I'd say check out iraggi but alot of people have been having problems with him customer service wise.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9916
I agree a 160 amp wont be enough. Check out the alts kevin holden has. They have excellent idle amperage and it looks like they can fit many different types of vehicles not that yours would be difficult to match up.

Bronze Member
Username: Beamerboy46350

LaPorte, IN United States

Post Number: 63
Heres a link to a HO ALT for you

http://www.qualitypowerauto.com/catalog.php?item=9&catid=41&ret=catalog.php%3Fca tegory%3D41

Alternators you gotta go big because of the "instant" power that stereo systems need !

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9917
That is a good one also but im not sure what the price differences are compared to the place kevin holden gets them from. I think kevins alts have higher idle amperage with the lower max ratings also.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 2658
I looked at Kevins site and found nothing for my car.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2281
I got a 300\160 from quality power and they built some good sh1t.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 2659
I'll probably end up with one of those

no one has yet mentioned sound deadening a vehicle though. Any ball park figured for how much that will run?

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 2660
Would I need any kind of battery upgrade for all of this if I go with the 250 or 300 amp alt

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2182
Hey Doktah,

Shoot me an email, I gurantee they have one for your car :-) Also, if you want some nice beefy batteries I can give you a good deal on the RD batts.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 2661
ah lowhz

a what a legit place
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help