Cosmetics of my SDC2.5s

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Post Number: 522
Is it normal for my SDC2.5 to look different cosmetically as in. On one there wa a shiny glue used to secure the dust cap and on the other a flat black. I will try and post pics later. But to me one sub really stands out when they are enxt to each other. Im sure it will not matter performance wise.

Also on the one with the flat black glue wasdone rather sloppy and the one with the hiny glue was done a lot more smooth. But hey im not talking bad about AQ in any way cause i cant build a subwoofer myself and im sure its hard. I just think that maybe if someone orders two subs that the same guy should make them or something. just a thought.

I would also like to say that the shipping was fast and there is great customer service and i will order from them again. No complaints at all.

oh and thanks DJ.

Bronze Member
Username: Beamerboy46350

LaPorte, IN United States

Post Number: 62
I think thats kinda weird i beem thinking about picking those up i wouldnt want them all mismatched like that it would look like i blew one and had to replace it. I dont like that idea. I wonder what dj is gonna have to say about this?

Silver Member

Post Number: 525
my cam is broken or i would have the pics up by now. I dont know maybe its just one of those situations where thats just the way it is. I dont think there is much he can do about it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 530
bump

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 665
im thinking maybe they tried to use the rest of the glue from a bottle maybe? its not going to effect performance. if your really concerned get some pictures and email DJ.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9925
Yeah DJ is all about great customer service. Im sure he will take care of the situation if you tell him.

Silver Member

Post Number: 534
i will try to get some pictures today

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 880
maybe its just me but that wouldnt bother me too much

Silver Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 151
We assemble dozens of subs at a time by hand. Before packaging the subs they are given a final QC and power tested. One of the subs probably had the glue joint gone over with more glue by the QC inspector.

We try to match the subs as closely as possible when shipping pairs but I would like a picture of the subs to see if there is a problem. I don't tolerate subs going out with sloppy glue joints.

Silver Member

Post Number: 535
man my camera is borken but im trying to get one somehwere it might not be today but i will make it my goal to post pics tomorrow..

Silver Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 313
yeah, sounds like just some sloppy glueing to me. so most likely 100% of the problem would be cosmetic. i wouldnt worry about the performance though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 536
pics and video of the subs

http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q86/mdbds13/car%20audio/?action=view&current=CLIP0002.flvUpload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 537
bump

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4138
I see what you mean. Although I wouldn't worry about performance on it. It does have a lower resale value if you intend to sell them in the future. Thats one of the drawbacks, and it just doesn't look right.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9936
I see what you mean also. To add to what Berny said even though cosmetics doesnt affect performance you are paying for a sub woofer 100% up to company standards and I would see nothing wrong with asking for a correction. DJ has already shown interest in the situation and im sure he will take care of you.

Bronze Member
Username: Beamerboy46350

LaPorte, IN United States

Post Number: 72
That is definitely not a matched pair EWWW. From what everybody says DJ is "the man" in customer service with pics like that im sure you'll have no prob getting help

Silver Member

Post Number: 538
well thanx guys, for the second opinions.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3735
DAMN

Man that looks like sh!t,I would be pizzed off.

How could/would AQ let that sub out the door.(AQ is way better then that)

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17511
Looks like that dust cap was put on in the back of a pick up truck while off-roading using a paint roller to apply the glue.

Personally if I didn't see the sub I wouldn't care. If it's out in the open you'll get comments all the time about it. If I saw that I would suspect it was repaired by a customer.

JMO.

"I don't tolerate subs going out with sloppy glue joints."

I guess one slipped by?

Silver Member

Post Number: 539
At first i was pretty upset but because I'm not installing them for a while it didn't bother me as much. But now that I see everyones comments im feeling the pain lol. What do you guys think can be done? honesty.

Silver Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 152
What can be done is simple. I will make it right by you. PM sent
dj

Gold Member

Post Number: 9941
I knew DJ would make it right. He runs a business the way it should be. Great customer service once again.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17515
Good job. The way it should be.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us