Groundpounder question...

Silver Member
Username: Gula187

Baton Rouge, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 129
are groundpounder setups mostly sealed or ported in daily applications?

im getting plans for a new setup

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3658
both but its much easier/cheaper to get ported setups louder.

the cisco kid

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
i want to go with four ported 15's but im getting mixed opinions some say they will fit and some say they wont..i have eight 12's in there right now

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1413
How much space do you have to use?

Which 15s do you want to use and with how much power?

There's no one way to make a ground pounder.

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
i posted a picture of my trunk setup a while back with the eight 12's but if im not mistaken i have somewhere between 12-13 cubic feet to work with...i want the audioque HDC's..and power wise i have two kicker zx2500's and im thinkin about getting a IA 40.1

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 692
let me know if you get the HDC's I wanna see and hear it.. I would contact you nevt time I was passing thru Baton Rouge.. If it's cool with you..

Bronze Member
Username: Basshead4life

Iowa

Post Number: 25
ported you get boomy bass with a thump to it and low notes with fullness, sealed u get a deep note with no thump like a ported box does but sealed can go lower and the transient response is better sealed by far especially when playin a fast tecnho song or fast pop song, my l5 is in a ported box and it can't keep up with fast paced songs. if it was in a sealed box it prolly could. before i always used sealed, oh how a ported setup brings more dbs!

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
is it true that 15's only hit the lows?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4673
"ported you get boomy bass with a thump to it and low notes with fullness, sealed u get a deep note with no thump like a ported box does but sealed can go lower and the transient response is better sealed by far especially when playin a fast tecnho song or fast pop song, my l5 is in a ported box and it can't keep up with fast paced songs. if it was in a sealed box it prolly could. before i always used sealed, oh how a ported setup brings more dbs!"

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1414
Thanks for that Polo...

Simple answer no.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2287
"my l5 is in a ported box and it can't keep up with fast paced songs. if it was in a sealed box it prolly could."

WTF????

Bronze Member

Iowa

Post Number: 26
rot in hell polo

Bronze Member

Iowa

Post Number: 27
i just stated facts between the ported and sealed and u tell me to stfu and i thought this forum was nice...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1416
But they aren't facts. Some subs are meant for sealed or ported enclosures. A sub can only sound as good as the enclosure its in. I have ported 18s and would put them against most sealed setups I've heard.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21760
not sure what you mean by ground pounders but you can pound the ground with a sealed or ported box.

decide how much space you have to work with. then decide on a size sub. make sure if you are going the ported route you have enough space for a good size box with a good size port area.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us